Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Black Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (Named "Bella")
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Tachometer Steering part

This is my oil pressure once car is at temp, idle at stoplight. Car is a 2015 SQ4

pressure goes to max on cold start, usually sits at about 1 o’clock at highway speeds, and goes to the pictured level when sitting idle at stoplights.

No idiot lights, no strange sounds, engine purrs like a kitten.

Shes getting an oil change/new filter tomorrow, as I don’t believe when sellers tell me “was just done 500 miles ago.” Oil reset was done as shows 12k left before next due, but oil looks older than that and suspect filter as well.

So, anyone see an issue with where the pressure has been sitting at idle/stoplight?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Preetham !

Absolutely goes up and down. On cold start, it’s pinned high as expected. if moving down the road normally, sits around 1 o’clock position. If driving normal and I punch it, goes higher, sometimes to max.

when I come to a stoplight, is when it sits at the level in the pic.

a lot of posts saying “midway at idle” so had me concerned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Let me check where the level is at idle in mine and will get you a picture of it.

Since you are going for an oil replacement shortly, and they can make sure the oil level is correct, I believe there is no cause for concern.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
👍

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100 views, and no one else will offer comment ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sure, I'll add an observation. Normal to lowish, perhaps indicative of older and/or multi cold/hot cycle oil given the relatively low mileage. I just put a fresh oil change in mine and pressure sits at noon idling (as do oil and trans temps), and 2 o'clock when cruising and past high when accelerating. Mine is also a 2015 with even fewer miles than yours.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, I'll add an observation. Normal to lowish, perhaps indicative of older and/or multi cold/hot cycle oil given the relatively low mileage. I just put a fresh oil change in mine and pressure sits at noon idling (as do oil and trans temps), and 2 o'clock when cruising and past high when accelerating. Mine is also a 2015 with even fewer miles than yours.
Sean, thank you very much for your insight. Especially helpful that yours is the same year and low miles as well.

I changed the oil and filter today myself with mityvac. Got out 8.75 quarts exactly. I put in 8.5 quarts, ran engine a few minutes and checked, and topped with another 1/4 quart to be exactly on the High Dot. Have not had a chance to go out afterwards, but will tomorrow.

Seller, Certified Autoplex in DFW stated oil and filter change in last 500 miles. If you've ever changed oil yourself, you'd know from looking at the oil and filter that was bullsh&t... So your reference to old oil with lots of heat cycles makes good sense here.

Will report back after she has been driven.

Again, much thanks.

·
Administrator
2,725 Posts
Mine hasn't changed much since new and what I wrote in older threads. Pinned on cold start; noon to 2 o'clock in normal driving, but can drop to where you are in 9 o'clock picture.
After fresh oil change I do run higher in range. Service likes to fill to max limit knowing some cars use more oil, (more with aggressive driving, higher RPM's and/or running in sport mode)
Owned mine since new ... 2014 with just under 18,000 miles.
Its critical with this generation of motor 2014-2016 to make sure the oil is changed routinely to prevent the dreaded oil pump seizure / observing metal in oil from thick/gummed oil..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many others keep a service book on their vehicles like this ?

I have always done this on every vehicle I've owned. Easier now with digital pics than old school photographs, but I can remember putting polaroids in a photo album with receipts of oil, filters, brake pads, etc. back in the day !!! 🤣

Serves me two purposes:. First, I've always been forgetful, so gives me something I can turn to to see when something was done last. Second, when I go to sell a vehicle, serves as a great way to show the buyer that the vehicle was well maintained with proof of services done.

Just curious...

Tire Automotive tire Light Product Sleeve

Reactions: ccalvo6890

·
Administrator
2,725 Posts
I save every receipt / service record. The last vehicle I sold after 10 years of ownership had original window sticker, stack of receipts and an excel spreadsheet with all service, changes and mileage. Not quite as thorough as you, but enough to get a deer in the headlights stare from the buyer;)

Reactions: ccalvo6890

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I save every receipt / service record. The last vehicle I sold after 10 years of ownership had original window sticker, stack of receipts and an excel spreadsheet with all service, changes and mileage. Not quite as thorough as you, but enough to get a deer in the headlights stare from the buyer;)

That's great !

I had a guy tell me when I sold my 360 Modena to him, that he actually preferred the color, price, and lower mileage of another 360 he had looked at, but because of my records he was going to buy mine instead. That was 6 years ago, and I still see him every now and then driving it in Rockwall.

Was going to get a 430, but after three failed deals because of my paid inspections, decided I needed to take the hint...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yup, same here! Though I can barely wake up in the morning without documenting something on an Excel spreadsheet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner !

Today was first time to drive since changing oil this weekend. My commute is about an hour, so plenty of time to get up to temp.

Running about 2o’clock cruising on highway. Holding steady at 11:30 when sitting at stoplight now.

Much thanks to you guys for the insight. Seems just needed a good oil and filter change.
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Vehicle Tachometer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Preetham !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts