Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it’s been a year with my 2017 Ghibli S and I figured I’d provide some thoughts, for what they are worth, in case they are helpful to anyone looking to buy a Ghibli. I’ll try to keep it short but can answer any specific questions that may be asked.

In a nutshell, it’s been a great year with the car and a fun year at that – put 8,000 miles on her. For me, the ride, power, sound, and electronics (albeit more advanced in other cars this price range) have all hit a happy medium. For me, I have yet to see a car on the street I’d rather buy at this price point (anything that gives me that wow feeling like the Ghibli did would cost me $20,000+ more and that’s just not an option for me).

Going into my one year service with only four issues – all of which are either an occasional minor annoyance/inconvenience or unfortunately perhaps normal. They are:
1. Got an “Align Headlight” message one morning after about 9 months with the car that went away on its own the same day when I restarted the car after work;
2. Still have brake squeal after 8,000 miles despite bedding the brakes on the interstate a few times per the suggestion on this forum. Always at slow speed like when I pull up to the parking garage access gate before it opens.
3. Got one “rattle” that started about 3 months ago which I just figured out seems to be coming from the instrument cluster area – hopefully the dealer can address this annoyance.
4. Occasionally have issues with my iphone X connecting to Apple Car Play which is an annoyance since personally, I love it so when it doesn’t work it is a bit frustrating.

Again, keeping this short but as you can see the 4 issues I mentioned really are no big deal, at least for me and probably for most, and truly are simply occasional annoyances that happened over the year driving the car. I’ll take it, the positives outweigh these small issues 500 to 1 at this point in ownership.

·
Administrator
2,474 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the car and only had a few annoyances ... big difference from launch year learning's even though many like me have had an excellent experience over the last 4 years.

Interesting on the brake squeal. Some seem to have it and others do not ... I never had it new or anytime over 4 years. I do exclude when brakes are wet and dry ... for first brake it might squeal than goes away.

Appreciate the updates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, it’s been a year with my 2017 Ghibli S and I figured I’d provide some thoughts, for what they are worth, in case they are helpful to anyone looking to buy a Ghibli. I’ll try to keep it short but can answer any specific questions that may be asked.

In a nutshell, it’s been a great year with the car and a fun year at that – put 8,000 miles on her. For me, the ride, power, sound, and electronics (albeit more advanced in other cars this price range) have all hit a happy medium. For me, I have yet to see a car on the street I’d rather buy at this price point (anything that gives me that wow feeling like the Ghibli did would cost me $20,000+ more and that’s just not an option for me).

Going into my one year service with only four issues – all of which are either an occasional minor annoyance/inconvenience or unfortunately perhaps normal. They are:
1. Got an “Align Headlight” message one morning after about 9 months with the car that went away on its own the same day when I restarted the car after work;
2. Still have brake squeal after 8,000 miles despite bedding the brakes on the interstate a few times per the suggestion on this forum. Always at slow speed like when I pull up to the parking garage access gate before it opens.
3. Got one “rattle” that started about 3 months ago which I just figured out seems to be coming from the instrument cluster area – hopefully the dealer can address this annoyance.
4. Occasionally have issues with my iphone X connecting to Apple Car Play which is an annoyance since personally, I love it so when it doesn’t work it is a bit frustrating.

Again, keeping this short but as you can see the 4 issues I mentioned really are no big deal, at least for me and probably for most, and truly are simply occasional annoyances that happened over the year driving the car. I’ll take it, the positives outweigh these small issues 500 to 1 at this point in ownership.
Thanks for the update. Do you still own the car and have you had any major issues with it? I just bought a 2017 SQ4 with 29k miles. I love it so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update. Do you still own the car and have you had any major issues with it? I just bought a 2017 SQ4 with 29k miles. I love it so far.
Any issues with brakes? I just got a 2017 with 25k miles but the brakes make some noise on slow stops ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any issues with brakes? I just got a 2017 with 25k miles but the brakes make some noise on slow stops ..
No. No issues with the brakes. Only issue I have is that sometimes the apple car play doesn't work, which is annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts