Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m surprised about the relatively low recommended tire pressure for Ghibli.

According to the Owners Manual it´s 32 psi, front and rear, for "Partial Loading Conditions" (2 passengers + luggage). My previous car, Audi A7 had 38 psi front and 33 psi rear.

Generally, many forums and tire resellers recommend even higher psi values, like 43-46. Even higher for lower profile tires.

The Ghibli manual does not say anything about different pressure for different tire dimensions. Neither does tirepressure.com.

I have a 2018 SQ4 with 285/30R21 rear and 245/35R21 front. I just bought new PZ4 tires. Should I really run them with just 32 psi, front and rear...?

What´s your experience?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I´m surprised about the relatively low recommended tire pressure for Ghibli.

According to the Owners Manual it´s 32 psi, front and rear, for "Partial Loading Conditions" (2 passengers + luggage). My previous car, Audi A7 had 38 psi front and 33 psi rear.

Generally, many forums and tire resellers recommend even higher psi values, like 43-46. Even higher for lower profile tires.

The Ghibli manual does not say anything about different pressure for different tire dimensions. Neither does tirepressure.com.

I have a 2018 SQ4 with 285/30R21 rear and 245/35R21 front. I just bought new PZ4 tires. Should I really run them with just 32 psi, front and rear...?

What´s your experience?
I used to inflate to a cold pressure of 32. Ended up getting a bubble on my tire. Now I inflate to 34 cold. Some ride comfort gets diminished but not too bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Yes, 34 seems more reasonable. Thank you.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
Common knowledge says go by the sticker in the door frame for inflation pressures. That said, if you are doing a lot of high speed driving, they recommend ~2psi more to reduce tire flex which can build up heat and lead to failure. I think I run my Ghibli at 35-36. That is about the same that I run my Audi A4.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Common knowledge says go by the sticker in the door frame for inflation pressures. That said, if you are doing a lot of high speed driving, they recommend ~2psi more to reduce tire flex which can build up heat and lead to failure. I think I run my Ghibli at 35-36. That is about the same that I run my Audi A4.
Thanks. Well, there is no sticker in the door frame. (Maybe that is for US cars.) I got the "32 psi" from the owners manual, but pushed it to 35 psi. Not that I plan to do any high speed driving, but 35 seems more reasonable than 32. The ride comfort is fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, each tire model/manufacture may exhibit different responses to the temperature/pressure. The numbers on the door sill / manual are for tires of similar performance category in general conditions and probably derived for the OEM tires. You are free to inflate to your liking, and do watch tire wear over time to see if your setting tends to cause wear patter of an under/over/proper inflated tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts