Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys…just had the Opti-Coat applied this week…WOW! I went to pro installer certified by Opti-Coat. They washed, polished the car, and then applied the Opti-Coat. I can not believe the depth of the shine on the car….looks twice as good as the day I picked it up. Plus, I will never need to wax the car and it is guaranteed for the life of the car.

I sprayed the car with a hose a couple days later and any dirt comes right off and the the water literally runs right off the car. You can literally use a blow dryer to dry any water left.

This stuff is amazing. You can use a quick spray wax for a little extra shine, but it isn't necessary by any means. One thing to note, is the paint won't be slippery smooth with OptiCoat as it is with a fresh wax, but looks just as good and is permanent so who cares!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did the opticoat pro as soon as i picked up my car from my dealer. Its amazing!!! Looks fantastic and very easy to keep clean and shine. I paid $400 for body and wheel - wow so easy to keep my 21" wheels clean. I strongly recommend!! Especially if you have Nero Ribelle.

Thanks again, anderson, for the great info. You are so helpful and GREAT !!!

Anderson, actually last friday, someone keyed the side body of my nero ribelle sq4. I was so mad but i rubbed with some wax and it disappeared completely. What a great protection as well. Amazing $400 spend.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the opticoat pro as soon as i picked up my car from my dealer. Its amazing!!! Looks fantastic and very easy to keep clean and shine. I paid $400 for body and wheel - wow so easy to keep my 21" wheels clean. I strongly recommend!!

Thanks again, anderson, for the great info. You are so helpful and GREAT !!!
That is a an amazing price!!! I paid double that, but because they had to polish it as I couldn't get my car coated for 2 weeks and in the meantime picked up swirl marks they had to polish out. But nonetheless, even with a polish for $200, your price was really amazing!

·
Registered
76 Posts
anderson, I understand you are from around Chicago as well: where did you get the job done and how much was this?

sounds too good to pass on...
thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am picking my car up later this week and the dealer is trying to get me to buy all the add-ons(wheel protection, external and internal surface protection, etc.). This isn't what they offer is it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sigh... appointment made to have opti coat done on my car. It's a month old, hopefully no imperfections that need polishing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anderson, I understand you are from around Chicago as well: where did you get the job done and how much was this?

sounds too good to pass on...
thanks
Yes, I'm in Chicago. I had it done by Chicago Auto Pros in Glen Ellyn. Talk to Jason there and tell him I sent you, he said he would give a good deal to any referrals I give him.

This was a hike for me but there are not many in Chicago that are certified to apply it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks Anderson, will check that out

so you paid around $800, including the $200 for additional polish?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, I'm in Chicago. I had it done by Chicago Auto Pros in Glen Ellyn. Talk to Jason there and tell him I sent you, he said he would give a good deal to any referrals I give him.

This was a hike for me but there are not many in Chicago that are certified to apply it.
How come you didn't go with Lustr guy>? He's not certified? He's much closer then Glen Ellyn. Glen Ellyn is like an hour drive for me.

Thanks Anderson

·
Registered
258 Posts
Based on what I learned, $395 is the minimum allowed price for this service. You can also buy the product yourself for about $70 to wipe on, but the professionally installed service must be at least $395. Of course some shops may include the prep steps in this cost, or charge additional.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was told the Opti-Coat 2 is $75 per syringe, but the Opti-Coat Pro(which can be bought only by a certified dealer) is $250 per syringe.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How come you didn't go with Lustr guy>? He's not certified? He's much closer then Glen Ellyn. Glen Ellyn is like an hour drive for me.

Thanks Anderson
Sorry for the late response. I simply just felt more comfortable with Chicago Auto Pros. They have a great video on youtube showing them apply Opti-Coat on an M5. I'm sure either are fine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just had my Opti-Coat done today. I went with Extreme Details of Sterling, VA. This is a mobile detailing company it's very convenient. Owner Mike Iannarelli was a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to drive it tomorrow now that we finally has some nice weather. Car looks beautiful.

Some of the things pointed out by Mike is that i should consider getting a partial clear protective skin added to the front of the rear wheel well where the body work flares out. This is an area that kicked up rocks would hit. True enough i already see some small nicks in this area from being sand-blasted by the sand. Same for the wheel well arches. I am going to look into this based on his suggestion.

·
Administrator
2,522 Posts
Curious. I typically used Zaino and routinely refreshed and maintained to keep a water wet like shine on my black Escalade.

I was going to look at the opti-coat pro for my Ghibli but do not have a detailer close by, (almost 2 hour drive). I have some concerns based on mixed feedback with the consumer version of OC 2.0.

There is a local master certified detailer with good customer feedback that uses the GTechniq system. I also reviewed a number of other forums around detailing and found GTechniq was a pretty close second and/or in the same league.

Even though I only plan to drive this car on nice days, near where I work we have ponds with Geese and some days it looks like they were playing paint (geese poop) ball as cars get covered. So figured I better put something good on this car.

You guys have any recent experience with GTechniq?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the EcoCarPro protection that they upsold me on when I purchased the car. It does not sound as good as this Opti-Coat, but did anyone else go for the EcoCarPro and any feedback on that product? Just curious what I can expect, it apparently includes auto dent repair coverage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
does applying the opti-coat affect future paint jobs? say you want to re-paint your car in a different color, can the paint be applied effectively over the opti-coat?

To take Opticoat off, which is what you have to do to repaint, they will polish it down to the clear coat…not a big deal and something done when you go to repaint anyway since they have to polish off the clear coat.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 101 Posts