Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Maserati, Ghibli S Q4
5 Posts
I literally just installed mine on all four doors. I ordered it Tuesday from the same seller and received it in the mail today (a day earlier)
I also ordered the same one with the “Maserati” in script to replace the 4 I put today but I have to wait a month also
Do you like them? I ordered them.
I do, but I’m sure I’m going to like the script better. I will take a video tonight so you can see how they look

·
Registered
484 Posts
I do, but I’m sure I’m going to like the script better. I will take a video tonight so you can see how they look
Hmmm...I think I would too if the script looks perfect. Definitely more room for error in script vs. block.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I did some pictures where we can see a bit better, and outside even in a place with surround light you can still see quite well, of course in the dark it is even better, in my garage I cannot switch off the garage light as it is a motion sensor, but still ok to see how it looks

just a shame the Maserati plates in the door bottom has no light as in my daily car, the jaguar Xj I ordered also the same kind of puddle lights for the Jaguar
Another thing it would be cool the air vents with light which looks awesome in the jag ( i love this car, the Maserati in luxury is way behind compared to it )

·
Registered
484 Posts
Puddle lights installed. Good call! I went with the trident with the block Maserati lettering. The connectors are a little cheap in terms of design. I wonder if the two pins going into the plug will stay put. I did it in a parking lot and didn’t have any tape with me. Easy enough fix if they come loose. Thinking the pressure from the wiring will hold them put.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well the drivers door already came loose. I put some tape on it but I have a feeling it’s not going to solve the problem. Wish these were plug and play without the adapter, which is cheap. I only taped the drivers door. I expect the others to come undone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You have to put tape to hold it well . I did once only when I installed it and this was more then a year ago, never a problem
I taped the drivers door. I’ll go in and tape the others as needed.

·
Registered
484 Posts
A little spot of solder?
Yeah, I wouldn't go that far for a $15 set of Chinese lights. Definitely don't want to make it permanent. Taping is kind of a bitch laying on the ground and that the two things you are taping together are different sizes. I do think some puddy would be better than tape. Like I said, we will see if it holds, if it doesn't puddy or gum will work.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
148 Posts
I have the soft-close doors but I am not impressed. I have to close them almost all the way and then they "suck" in the last 1/2". Just as easy to gently close them every time. I'm not sure what package they were part of since my car came with the upgraded leather wheel (no heat), adjustable pedals, and the soft-close doors. Nothing about any of them on the dealer invoice and, if fact, it was listed with a heated wheel. I was able to identify all the other options on the invoice, mostly listed in my signature.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
148 Posts
Are these available for the 2018 Ghibli? All I can find are 2014-17.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My son got a $25 ticket in his school parking lot. Since he parked in the same assigned spot, I had to drill holes and attach front plate. Otherwise the same school cop would be writing $25 tickets every day.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The mandate for a front license plates in most states if not all at this point sucks as we have an ugly shaped plate in the US. It's kind of like low def 4:3 vs. HD 16:9. BUT, you really don't want to give the cops a reason to pull you over, it is just not worth it if you are coming from a wedding or a night out after a few glasses of vino.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
148 Posts
Hi Joe yes aftermarket bought in Ebay very good quality
I picked up two pairs of puddle lights (ended up with the script "Maserati") and love the look. The first one took about 10 minutes to install and the rest maybe two minutes, including going back and sliding the plastic insulation piece over the connectors. They are a heavier unit than the oem but fit perfectly. Best, and cheapest, upgrade I have done on any car in the last 16 years.

For Maserati Quattroporte Ghibli LED Door Light Projector Welcome Logo Emblem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,
I’m finally in the market for a 2014-2016 S Q4, are there any options you wish you had with your Ghibli? I’m not worried about the sound package, or velour leather, but I feel like the paddles and sport suspension, along with the premium package are almost a must. What do you think?
Powe

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
**** why can't the USA have cool looking license plates? Im fortunate I live in a state that doesn't require a front plate, but I have been pulled over in an adjacent state a handful of times because I didnt have one (never got a ticket once they figured it out).

The numbers in my plate are my last digits of my mobile phone number

41 - 59 of 59 Posts