Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Maserati, Ghibli S Q4
4 Posts
I literally just installed mine on all four doors. I ordered it Tuesday from the same seller and received it in the mail today (a day earlier)
I also ordered the same one with the “Maserati” in script to replace the 4 I put today but I have to wait a month also
Do you like them? I ordered them.
I do, but I’m sure I’m going to like the script better. I will take a video tonight so you can see how they look

·
Registered
229 Posts
I do, but I’m sure I’m going to like the script better. I will take a video tonight so you can see how they look
Hmmm...I think I would too if the script looks perfect. Definitely more room for error in script vs. block.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I did some pictures where we can see a bit better, and outside even in a place with surround light you can still see quite well, of course in the dark it is even better, in my garage I cannot switch off the garage light as it is a motion sensor, but still ok to see how it looks

just a shame the Maserati plates in the door bottom has no light as in my daily car, the jaguar Xj I ordered also the same kind of puddle lights for the Jaguar
Another thing it would be cool the air vents with light which looks awesome in the jag ( i love this car, the Maserati in luxury is way behind compared to it )

·
Registered
229 Posts
Puddle lights installed. Good call! I went with the trident with the block Maserati lettering. The connectors are a little cheap in terms of design. I wonder if the two pins going into the plug will stay put. I did it in a parking lot and didn’t have any tape with me. Easy enough fix if they come loose. Thinking the pressure from the wiring will hold them put.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well the drivers door already came loose. I put some tape on it but I have a feeling it’s not going to solve the problem. Wish these were plug and play without the adapter, which is cheap. I only taped the drivers door. I expect the others to come undone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You have to put tape to hold it well . I did once only when I installed it and this was more then a year ago, never a problem
I taped the drivers door. I’ll go in and tape the others as needed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
A little spot of solder?
Yeah, I wouldn't go that far for a $15 set of Chinese lights. Definitely don't want to make it permanent. Taping is kind of a bitch laying on the ground and that the two things you are taping together are different sizes. I do think some puddy would be better than tape. Like I said, we will see if it holds, if it doesn't puddy or gum will work.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I did it in a way where I left all OEM if I want to come to the OEM lights o problem, just plug play
however with Tape and with attention you can do something very stable for a long time.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts