Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Ghibli yesterday! It is replacing a 2012 BMW 550i xDrive (which replaced a 2011 550i xDrive). That was my seventh BMW since 1993 so I thought it was time for a change. I think I had the iDrive tell me about a drivetrain malfunction one too many times.

The Ghibli was the only car I looked at that made we want to switch brands. The exhaust sound nada lot to do with it.

My order is as follows:

Ghibli S Q4
Blu Emozione
Nero Interior
Extended Leather
Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium Package
19" Proteo Wheels

A couple of things that may help others. The sport package requires that you get extended leather. Carbon Fiber trim means no heated steering wheel or rear heated seats.

I haven't gotten an estimated delivery date yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The exhaust still impresses me every day. For me it has an even better sound now that the car is broken in (2200 miles) than it did at delivery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the winter has been really rough on the roads on my area. I have bent two rims on my car this winter. They are 19s too but with a shorter sidewall on the tire.

Hopefully, the Proteos will be more durable.

I am glad to see the Ghibli has a spare and not run flats. I had to replace seven run flats because of bubbles in the sidewalks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
No, the winter has been really rough on the roads on my area. I have bent two rims on my car this winter. They are 19s too but with a shorter sidewall on the tire.

Hopefully, the Proteos will be more durable.

I am glad to see the Ghibli has a spare and not run flats. I had to replace seven run flats because of bubbles in the sidewalks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I figured as much. I might trade snow for having to pull down my alley everyday. Its crazy how many nails Ive picked up in my Audi

Thankfully you get a little more sidewalk ;) on the Ghibli 20's than the A7

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, thats why I have tire and rim insurance!

Its still a hassle to get replaced but at least it doesn't cost anything.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You guys aren't going to get any sleep for the next three weeks
:D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Once the ship arrives how long does it take for customs, dealer prep then delivery?

This waiting is gunna kill me Lol. :crying:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Once the ship arrives how long does it take for customs, dealer prep then delivery?
Took 7 days from port to ready for pick up with mine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
7 days for me as well however me and tjsbeer are on east coast cars arrive in Newark...........my guess is west coast may be longer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts