Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

wondering if I could get your perspective as I just test drove the Ghibli (RWD). The starting price is 75,800. I was looking at adding the comfort package and sport package (5k in upgrades). I'm thinking off leasing , putting 12k down, but I'm not sure of the current residuals and money factor. Does anyone know what my monthly payment would roughly be? I', hearing this is a 2 to 4k negotiation that can be taken off the MSRP price.

Lastly, does anyone know if it costs more to have a Ghibli custom built vs buying what the dealer has?

appreciate the help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
852 Posts
no extra for custom orders. Discounts are 2-4K and have been documented on this and maseratilife. 12K down will get you the low rate of 3.15% annually 0013125 money factor. 36 months 12K miles has a residual of 52% 39 months is 49% residual. Lease changes monthly so check with your dealer. Depending on your color selection the dealer may have something in stock. Loaded or unique color options is custom order......good luck.

My deal is 95K with 4K discount Blue Emoizone with Rosso Interior..Cold Weather, Premium and Executive Plus....Skyhook, Laminated Glass, Paddles, red calipers, ebano wood .36 Months 12K miles

·
Registered
277 Posts
monthly payments are something you would have to check with your dealer. are both of you in Canada? which part? but from what I've read there are discounts for canadians like etodd has mentioned.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just curious but how did you get a 4K discount? Did you have to put some real effort into that or did they kindly give it to you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,

this is really disappointing especially for Canadians. Here is the reply I got back from the dealer...thoughts?

"
The total MSRP with the options comes out to $82,440 without taxes. I’ve included all the freight and fees upfront. If it was just 14k on delivery, your payment would be almost $1,600 a month The rates are set by the bank with Maserati. There isn’t a break regardless of the size of the down payment.

The rate given for a 36 month is 3.99% which is low for such an exotic and exclusive brand.

The Maserati’s in the US do not have 4 year, 80,000 kilometer scheduled maintenance. It’s true their residual is higher but you need to understand that their market/population is 10 times the amount and they receive many more cars than we do in Canada.

The car your suggesting would have to be factory ordered. We don’t not discount factory ordered cars. As you know, this car is very exclusive. We’re only getting 100 cars for this year. The 2 RWD car we currently have available may have a little wiggle room with a deposit but not much. The cheapest RWD Ghibli I have in stock is $88,725. If I may ask, what kind of a discount are you looking for?

I appreciate your interest in the Maserati brand and hope we can come to a resolution.

I hope this email finds you well and you’ve been staying warm during this cold weather.

I’ve been trying to work out the numbers and trying to come up with a payment that fits for you and I sincerely apologize, but I cannot get to the $900 - $1,000 payment. With a $13,500 down payment, residual value of 47.5% after 36 months, and a due on delivery of $18,108.17, your payments will be $1,157.67 a month. This Ghibli will have to be ordered and has the base package, Blu Emozione paint, and black interior.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may bring.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

·
Registered
852 Posts
ouch!!!!! True about the difference in the markets......also very difficult to buy in US as they woud get u on import taxes.......My deal in the US is 95K MSRP 4K discount 36 month 12k miles a year 52% residual no money down i am at 1,500 a month. I got the discount no problem after I told them I have other dealers that I talked to when origianlly looking at the car and one is only 15 minutes from my house.......you have to create competition.....go to another dealer. dealers pocket what ever they can grab below what the bank wants.... so if the bank wants 52% residual and I get you to accept 47 bingo rignt in dealers pocket......at close too! Now Canada is a differnt market but the a two year maintence agreement is about $2K in the US and on a 36 month lease you do not get the full benefit of the maintenance being included in Canada so they will carry it over to the new driver. just did the calc edmunds.com and got 1,125 a month so there may be 1,100 left in the deal i do not buy the residual which sounds like where the residuals were a few months ago using 52% i get 1,020 a month or almost $5k difference. are they using Ally? not sure what else to say Good Luck hope it works out! Tell him it is just too expensive and tell him u may buy a BMW or MB!! finally get all the details of the lease and cash down and have your deler explain every number . Good Luck let us know how it turns out!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he also mentioned pricing are going up. I thought this price increase was just for the SQ4 not the rwd?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just a stupid question but what's preventing you from buying in the us and then importing? BSF5048 : Importing a Vehicle Into Canada seems you'd pay about 5% import tax plus local tax. Ghibli qualifies as admissible under your RIV database.
you would probably have to buy it in cash

no options for finance or lease.

and the resale value would take a hit right away just being a non canadian vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordering a Ghibli in NZ

I've just been told that my Ghibli, ordered in October 13, will now be May 14, after being initially being told that build would be January, and delivery February!
I don't hold out any hopes, and it could be later.

The moral of this story and why it's relevant here in this thread is that I believe Maserati didn't expect the surge in demand all over the world, and with some obvious quality problems reported elsewhere in this Forum, they have decided to increase prices a little to slow up demand to a manageable level and get quality back to where it should be.

I might just keep my GTS, cancel my order, and wait until next year, rather than be frustrated in not getting what you wanted.

What's even more frustrating is that the dealers here and in Australia, and probably elsewhere, aren't getting any clear information from Maserati about what's actually going on with build dates and production schedules. If it goes on much longer it could hurt the brand and leave long term Maserati owners with a sour taste.

·
Registered
852 Posts
wow what a long wait..........I think production delays are a country to country thing, My order was confirmed by Italy on January 9, and completion was confirmed this Monday with delivery date March 10 - eight weeks total, assuming that import issues have been resolved I have no reason to believe it will not be delivered on time. Hey it will be very sweet when you get it and my guess there will not be many so you will be the Man!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
for those who ordered from Canada, did you get any discounts on your order (off the lot, custom order) also, I see that PDI + Delivery is $4000 :0 was this same to you as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to know of what people were able to get from dealers as well! Vancouver only has one dealer and they've been pretty stern with not wanting to give me any discount on a car...

I want a sq4 with premium and cold weather package, but the lack of deals from Vancouver make the car less appealing.. Has anyone leased/financed from out of province?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts