Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan ordering my new Ghibli this week. I'm so excited to sit down with dealer and spec and my new ride.
Any suggestions? Do's or don'ts?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure i'm going with grigio maratea with nero interior. nero dashes with carbon trim. either 20" or 21" wheels, but leaning towards 21". shift paddles, carbon wheel, natural leather, and sky hook. I'm super pumped. Wish they option stitching color. If they did, I would go with white or light silver.
Considering the alcantera inserts on seats front & rear, but it depends on $. I want to keep it under 100, but options add up quick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordering tips

21" wheels look great but one pothole at speed and your tire will go flat. Hit it faster and you'll need an expensive new wheel. I have to be very careful with my 20" Urano Diamonds on the S Q4 in the DC area. Check out the audio system carefully even though you think you'll only be listening to the sweet sound of your engine and exhaust notes. When commuting or stuck in traffic you'll want to hear your playlist or Sirius. The Base (280 Watt 8-speaker) System is inexplicably awful.
I should have splurged on the 15-speaker B&W system. Love the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree re potholes. They're terrible in the Chicagoland area. I will be getting a second set of 19" wheels and tires for the winter, so if potholes are still bad, I'll be putting those on. That 21" rim can't be cheap
thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
348 Posts
I agree re potholes. They're terrible in the Chicagoland area. I will be getting a second set of 19" wheels and tires for the winter, so if potholes are still bad, I'll be putting those on. That 21" rim can't be cheap
thanks for the heads up
The 21" wheels ride pretty rough. I got the 20", also live in Chicago, and they are firm but not rough like the 21" wheels were I test drove. Unless you are fixed on the look of the 21", being in Chicago I would definitely opt for the 20".

BTW, hopefully you are going to Lake Forest Sports Cars or Continental. Both are excellent. I worked with Tyler at Lake Forest Sports Cars and had an amazing experience. None of the "salesmanship" and got a great price…as good as some of the best deals I've seen on here and no attempts to "up-sell" me. He's been selling Maserati's and Ferrari's for 20 years…a real class act.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.
I've heard that about Tyler, and LFSC. I'm a loyal Continental customer. You can't beat their service dept. I'll take mine there for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts