Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the car a couple of months but I noticed especially yesterday that on a couple of occasions drivers politely stopped and let the Ghibli into traffic, not something normally done in London. On one of the occasions it was two cars from different directions stopping.

Maseratis seem not to have the negative karma that Porsches, Audis and BMWs now seem to project I never received such courteous treatment when I was in my BMW.

·
Registered
480 Posts
It seems you are more civilized in Europe....0:)

In the good 'ole USA ( New York area) 404 hp and 406 flb of torque gets you into traffic...>:D

Porsches? We don't need no stinkin' Porsches.......;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
In Belgium people are not polite to maserati's, my dealer said 1 negative thing you must accept when driving a maserati is that you must drive much more defensively because here people get faster frustrated and jealous than when you drive an audi, bwm, ..

Anyway I know that the mentality on the road is 100 times better in the US and 1000times in Canada than in Europe, I've been there multiple times and always get annoyed when I'm back in Europe on the streets.

For example: I have my company in the center of a city and my garage is located close to a busy street you really don't believe this, when I want to leave my garage is really have to wait 15 to 30 minutes till a car let me pass off to drive out of my garage! My wife was 1 time so frustrated that she just drove out after a amount of time and just ran into another car this with our audi S4....

I know for sure if this was in the US in the first 5 mins somebody would stop and let you pass, in canada I know the first car would stop.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Schnippy.. i would agree but in USA 5 minutes is kinda long, i have experienced it a lot and not have to wait for more then 2 minutes.. not bad at all.. just a little wave of hand as courtesy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you had the kids in the heavily modified hot hatch with go faster stripes try to race you at the lights yet?

I completely ignore them and drive off at regular speed. The Maserati doesn't need to even bother trying, plus I'm not 18 years old anymore.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think most people love Maserati and it is a dream car.........so when they see one they give a thumbs up!!! Like a Good Job!!
I get A LOT of thumbs up with this car. And people are much more approachable with this car to talk about it and ask questions. It is not as "smug" as when I've owned BMW, MB, etc. I suppose, but could be wrong. That is just the impression I've received.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts