Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
A tall, slender mature blonde with timeless beauty glanced over the shoulder of the man she was with and etched a slight smile. Whether she smiled at me or the car doesn't really matter. The sonorous exhaust note turned her smile into a full grin as I glanced in my rear view mirror. A great car stirs the emotions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was in Vancouver BC and an Apple Red Corvette Z06 was tail-gating me for about 15 minutes until I reached a red light. He went to the next lane and was revving. Honestly, I know I'm not going to have a chance, but I did switch to SPORT mode....he then let it rip...fish-tailing, exhaust "pop pop pop" with smoke and peeled off.

Within 5 seconds...a blacked-out Camaro Police Car went racing up to it with lights and sirens then screaming out of the loud speakers to pull over and throw keys out the window.

Interesting...I thought.

·
Registered
852 Posts
funny...........I was at the car wash (hand only) the other day and a guy pulled over stopped and complemented the car............Also had a guy after Church complementing the car especially the blue e.......

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mostly petrolheads who approach or look at the car. Had a guy in an Audi RS5 ask me about the car whilst I was filling up at the gas station. Also had some old dude giving it the thumbs up after commenting about the Ghibli predecessors.

Missus doesn't mind this as opposed to the gawping crowds of people pointing and waving cameraphones at my previous car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got a
"Nice Car"
Followed by
"F'n A-hole"

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have good and bad.

-Kids hanging out the windows of moving cars to take pictures and videos on their phones.
-Guys in Porsche 911s always rev their engine when they see the Maserati....I rev back and they quietly move on. :)
-Kids in modified hondas and what not trying to race me.
-Lots of comments, great car, what do you do for a living, love the color, etc. Lots of thumbs up and nods.

For the bad stuff
-get lots of people smirking or shaking their head or very obviously trying not to pay attention.
-one kid driving a car with a Jimmy Johns sandwich delivery sign proceeded to roll down his window, give me a finger and yell "F you and your Maserati". I simply replied, and that is why you are delivering sandwiches.
-constantly, "what do you do for a living" and "how much did it cost"...both questions I avoid answering.

For me, the attention is the negative in general whether the intent of a comment is good or bad, I try to be pretty low key and not bothered by people...unfortunately that is not happening in this car. In my mind it is major drawback. I bought the car for the emotion it stirs in me personally, but the emotion it stirs in others is generally a drawback in mind.

·
Registered
312 Posts
"what do you do for a living"
I always reply...
"I'm a chef that started as a dishwasher, I've worked hard, saved my money and invested well"
0:)

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought the car for the emotion it stirs in me personally
Totally agree with this statement. I buy the cars for myself first and foremost because I enjoy them. Attention from others doesn't bother me so much though.

Haven't had any negative reactions from this or any of my previous cars, apart from with the police when caught speeding. In a 'normal' car they will let you off. In anything fancy they will book you straightaway.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I say, "it was expensive and it took me years of hard work to get here, but I got here"

Look, today anybody can go on line and figure out the price range.

I say let them go figure it out themselves and let them speculate on what you paid.

Who cares? The Maserati is in your driveway!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Aside from the Corvette (earlier post), I'm in Bellevue Washington this weekend.....and saw 3 Ghiblis...mostly waves. (more Ghiblis than I expected).

That said, also had 3 "how much does it cost". The last one annoyed me the most - stopped his F350 truck right up next to me (extra close) and proceeded to look inside at the red light. He asked if it was $150k. I told him (although mine's loaded to the max), that it was $70kish and not much better than his truck to get him moving along.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts