Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to take a few photos of our new Ghibli this weekend.

We have 600 miles on it and love it more today than the day we bought it!

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice pics of the Grigio Maratea - really shows the depth of the paint. Can't wait for mine!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great Photos

I was able to take a few photos of our new Ghibli this weekend.

We have 600 miles on it and love it more today than the day we bought it!
After a 3 month wait for a custom order I just picked up a Maratea after changing my mind at the last minute from Grigio. Glad I did. As a Professional Photographer for 30 years what sold me on this car was the beautiful lines. And after looking at countless photos from others as well as my own, I have to say the car looks best in photos from a lower angle and from a distance. The close-up wide angle shots distort. Your first photo is a definite winner. That's your "photography lesson" for today. Great car. Enjoy and congratulations!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

And after looking at countless photos from others as well as my own, I have to say the car looks best in photos from a lower angle and from a distance. The close-up wide angle shots distort. Your first photo is a definite winner. That's your "photography lesson" for today.
Actually, I did take the same photos at a lower angle also (I always do) and most of them looked worse than the higher angles.

I do take some further back, but the problem there is too much other stuff, not enough car in the pic unless you zoom in dramatically. Many of the pics I posted were actually taken from a medium range (15-20 feet back), some with the extra stuff cropped out.

The shot that was distorted noticeably in my first set was the frontal view and personally I like the distortion at that angle. Looks aggressive!

Here are some of the same shots, lower angle.

That's my opinion for the day! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
it is a beauty! i have the same color combo, rims. The only difference is the wood panel, I went with the Ebano and I add 35% tints on mine. The one item I still second guess is going with the polished rims over the painted. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts on the polished vs. painted Urano rims in this color combo.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi ByronM, any chance you could put some pictures up of your car, it's the same spec as the one I have ordered and would love to see what it looks like in the flesh :)
Forgot to say, I've opted for the polished finish as I thought the contrast was stronger but each to their own I guess :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful Bryon!

Love the red calipers - wish I had those!

As for the interior trim, both of the woods and the carbon fiber look wonderful. I oscillate between each one being my favorite and honestly don't know which I would pick if I were to order a car today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts