Discussion Starter #1
Been 7 days since I bought my 2015 SQ4.

Things I love:
The overall look is so much sexier than almost any 4 door out there
The pearl white paint is absolutely stunning
The OEM 20" wheels are super nice
The sound in sport mode is intoxicating
Power is good, cant wait to add the JB4
Interior is overall very nice and pretty comfortable even for me (6'2" 250lbs)
Handles very well for a big vehicle
Butt warmers get really toasty
My daughters aren't embarrassed to be seen in it like they are in my bright yellow Hellcat LOL

Things I hate:
The "Premium" sound system is a joke. The stereo in my daughter's Chevy Cruze blows it away
The cup holders are way too small, only thing that fits are a 12oz can or a water bottle. Coffee is a no go in this vehicle.
Some sticky buttons
The garbage OEM Pirelli's which are getting replaced this week
Poor throttle response. May have to rectify with a MADNESS GoPedal
No air conditioned seats
No blind spot warning system
Cheap OEM floor mats which are also being replaced this week

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have the budget, I recommend that you purchase a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I got a set of this tire at a discounted price on 4wheelonline. It's been almost a month since I have installed this tire and so far I am impressed with its road performance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the budget, I recommend that you purchase a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I got a set of this tire at a discounted price on 4wheelonline. It's been almost a month since I have installed this tire and so far I am impressed with its road performance.
I needed all seasons so I grabbed a set of Lionharts off eBay for $475. 255 front and 295 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Things I hate:
The "Premium" sound system is a joke. The stereo in my daughter's Chevy Cruze blows it away
The cup holders are way too small, only thing that fits are a 12oz can or a water bottle. Coffee is a no go in this vehicle.
No air conditioned seats
1- the sound system has been a complaint since launch in late 2013, even the B&W could be better, especially for the price. harmon kardon is the premium on 18+ and it is not bad, overshadowed by competitors like audi and bmw.
2- cup holders are euro sized. 2018+ introduced larger, normal cup holders.
3- pirelli is a stay away at all costs. michellin sport as3 is a great all season along with bridgestone 980as; definitely pilot sport 4s if summer tires are the choice. i'd stay away from directional tires.
4- is it 410hp or 350? throttles can always use improvement, but the 410 gets going in a not bad manner.
5- ventilated seats were an option.
6- blind spot warning was introduced in 16, 17 was some other tech like cameras and lane warning, 18 got an electric steering rack and the rest of the big driver assist items like highway assist driving and lane keep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonder if the cup holder could be swapped for the 2018+

Mine is 404hp and yes its plenty quick once it gets going

·
Registered
644 Posts
it is the complete center console lid with a different shifter. i'd put it in the easier said than done category.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Things I love:
My daughters aren't embarrassed to be seen in it like they are in my bright yellow Hellcat LOL

Things I hate:
Some sticky buttons
No air conditioned seats
Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns about your Maserati. If you intend to bring any of these concerns to the attention of your dealer, please send our team a private message for additional support during your service.

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
310 Posts
Your sound system probably needs the -10db amp boost from the dealer. Once you get that done, it still won't sound great, but it will be decent enough and worth the trip. I had to do the same on my previous 2015. And good call on replacing those pirellis... they will blow out sooner than later anyway, I speak from experience! I've been running continental a/s which have been great but yeah the best option are the michelins. Enjoy your Ghibli!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your sound system probably needs the -10db amp boost from the dealer. Once you get that done, it still won't sound great, but it will be decent enough and worth the trip. I had to do the same on my previous 2015. And good call on replacing those pirellis... they will blow out sooner than later anyway, I speak from experience! I've been running continental a/s which have been great but yeah the best option are the michelins. Enjoy your Ghibli!
You recall what the dealer charged for the amp adjustment?

·
Registered
310 Posts
My dealer did not charge me for this, went to the dealer where I purchased the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Things I love:

Things I hate:
Some sticky buttons
No air conditioned seats

You will LOVE the MADNESS GoPedal. Night and day difference in performance and acceleration. No boost in HP but it feels much more powerful after I added it to my 2015 Q4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will LOVE the MADNESS GoPedal. Night and day difference in performance and acceleration. No boost in HP but it feels much more powerful after I added it to my 2015 Q4.
I’ll probably do that and the JB4. Maybe it will feel like my Hellcat lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
You recall what the dealer charged for the amp adjustment?

Bee - My dealer just quoted me $166 but because they can't guarantee it has been done before they will only charge me half that amount. Trying to get in Friday to do it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just called my local dealership. They said $169 to check and adjust, regardless if it has been done already. They said it doesn’t make a huge difference and may cause a rattle in the rear package tray. Earliest I could get in is Oct 6. Let me know how you make out and if the difference is worth the expense.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just called my local dealership. They said $169 to check and adjust, regardless if it has been done already. They said it doesn’t make a huge difference and may cause a rattle in the rear package tray. Earliest I could get in is Oct 6. Let me know how you make out and if the difference is worth the expense.

there's been previous discussion on that rattle after the amp is adjusted. If you have the rear sunshade, you should have no rattle. But some folks without the rear sunshade experienced the rattle and had to further dynomat that rear deck. On my previous 15, I did have the rear sunshade and there was no rattle for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there's been previous discussion on that rattle after the amp is adjusted. If you have the rear sunshade, you should have no rattle. But some folks without the rear sunshade experienced the rattle and had to further dynomat that rear deck. On my previous 15, I did have the rear sunshade and there was no rattle for me.
Good to know as I have the sunshade.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Update: 10db software update applied and works like a charm. Worth the $83. they charged me so I'm thrilled. Appreciate the forum for having this information available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: 10db software update applied and works like a charm. Worth the $83. they charged me so I'm thrilled. Appreciate the forum for having this information available.
Great news! Was it set to 7db as reported?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts