Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this code and cleared it. Wondering if it's one of those "things" where it's a false trigger. I cleared it just this morning and I would imagine if there is actually a large leak it would come back soon. I search here and found one thread where the dealer replaced a cracked filler neck. This code is described as:

The vehicle's EVAP system is sealed, it's main purpose is to prevent gasoline vapors in the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The most common culprit is the gas cap that is left open or not closed properly, although there could be other problems, read more below.

I have an appointment at the dealer which I may or may not keep since I am guessing because I cleared the code they will have nothing to diagnose? Correct? Also after I cleared the code and started the car, I almost **** my pant. I had the dash warning lights illuminated like a Christmas tree and I could not put the car into gear. I pulled the negative terminal. After that the only light was the service wrench but it went out after a minute.

Any insight to the process of scanning and clearing codes? Did I do something wrong or is this part of the process (pulling the negative terminal)?

·
Registered
2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
22 Posts
I got the same code recently. I used the BlueDriver OBS2 scanner. When I first got the CEL, I scanned and cleared the code. After restarting the car, everything was normal. A few days later, the CEL came on again, giving me the same code. I made an service appointment but the light turned off on it’s own after a day or so. Other than the warning, there were no other issues. The car ran fine and I don’t recall smelling gasoline.

They were still able to diagnose the problem. It was a problem with the fuel filler. I am still awaiting my car to be completed, but they mention that the repair requires dropping the fuel tank.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the same code recently. I used the BlueDriver OBS2 scanner. When I first got the CEL, I scanned and cleared the code. After restarting the car, everything was normal. A few days later, the CEL came on again, giving me the same code. I made an service appointment but the light turned off on it’s own after a day or so. Other than the warning, there were no other issues. The car ran fine and I don’t recall smelling gasoline.

They were still able to diagnose the problem. It was a problem with the fuel filler. I am still awaiting my car to be completed, but they mention that the repair requires dropping the fuel tank.
Thank you. I’m wondering how my Creator code reader caused all my problems when clearing the code that required me to pull the negative to fix.

I’m definitely keeping the BlueDriver when it gets here. I also didn’t clear the code with the car running, but had the ignition in the run position

·
Registered
3 Posts

Can you give me an update on your repair. using OBDII I recieved a P0496 code (Evap System High Purge Flow) I think both codes mean the same thing. I do smell gas and notice white smoke coming from the tail pipe during ideal some times. Any help figuring out what my issue is would be helpful. I have 2016 sq4

·
Registered
644 Posts
0455 is likely the capless fuel filler neck. the flap inside gets stuck sometimes, temperature dependent. particularly noticed in cold weather. a new fuel filler neck ought to fix that.
0496 is likely the purge valve sticking intermittently. a new purge valve address that.
this isn't a diagnostic, this is my experience with those two codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts