Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the install with parts from a 2017 wreck. I have a 2015 . No flash needed. I am having an issue with the clock spring whenever I turn left tight It hops and i have a light on the dash. Need to take apart and realign clock spring any advice?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did the install with parts from a 2017 wreck. I have a 2015 . No flash needed. I am having an issue with the clock spring whenever I turn left tight It hops and i have a light on the dash. Need to take apart and realign clock spring any advice?
Was the procedure somewhat labor and "surgically" intensive?

I have a brand new 2018, and don't want to mess anything up (at risk of having warranty negated).
Also (despite having interned at Bridgestone Racing working on Formula cars for a summer), I don't trust myself anywhere near the airbag module.
Not my expertise.

Seeing the previous posts, I'll probably call around a few dealers and have them do it.

Bookmarked this thread in case anyone can recommend a dealer in/around NYC

·
Registered
333 Posts
Was the procedure somewhat labor and "surgically" intensive?

I have a brand new 2018, and don't want to mess anything up (at risk of having warranty negated).
Also (despite having interned at Bridgestone Racing working on Formula cars for a summer), I don't trust myself anywhere near the airbag module.
Not my expertise.

Seeing the previous posts, I'll probably call around a few dealers and have them do it.

Bookmarked this thread in case anyone can recommend a dealer in/around NYC
Had mine done at Bergen County Maserati. Although i will never bring my car back there they did do a good job with the paddle install. Call the new Maserati dealership that they just opened on west side highway. See what they say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually it was not surgically intensive. I just found the missing link about why my clock spring is off. Your supposed to lock wheel in place, marking the center, and rotating clockwise till stopped...then counter clockwise 2.75 turns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually it was not surgically intensive. I just found the missing link about why my clock spring is off. Your supposed to lock wheel in place, marking the center, and rotating clockwise till stopped...then counter clockwise 2.75 turns.
Have you solved your issue? I DIYed the paddle shifters yesterday, but the car later had a ESC (traction control) light on. Paddles, steering wheel and turn signal all are working fine, however, the ESC light has not gone away.
I took the car to dealership, they told me that the clock spring might be damaged during the installation process, and, they quote $1400 for a new clock spring (wtf?). I'm pretty sure that I did not mess with the clock spring during the installation, but I just don't know what's wrong with the ESC light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My traction light is on too. I even tried a different clock spring. Did not change.
I replaced the clockspring along with the signal switch, had a local shop erased the code. Now, everything works normal. I will probably start a new thread describing the whole process.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can the odbstar 200 ( I think is model. The one that we use for service resets)...do the reset? Otherwise the zurich unit at harbor freight is impressive and I believe supported..any one have info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all, anyone have made this retrofit? i want to know how part number i need to make this retrofit, i have already models with electric adjustment, i'm sure that someone of you can help me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you get your light off? Mine did the same and the adaptive headlight service came on🤦‍♂️
The first replacement clock spring I put in With an extended handle and I got a couple different warnings so then I ordered the exact steering clock that was in there and everything went away just fine in peachy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am very happy I mounted the paddle shifter on my maserati ghibli without electric steering wheel everything works fine thanks a lot!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts