Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you able to get Pandora or Stitcher to work from an iPhone using the USB cable? I can only stream what is coming from my iPhone using Bluetooth. Music that is on my phone plays just fine using the cable and I get the full menu and various options such as artist, playlist, etc.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Ghibli does not support Bluetooth while connected via USB. Pretty sucky, but then this is technology shared from the steamy pile of Chrysler.

Reading your question again, you are asking if pandora is available over USB. No, only over Bluetooth and again only if your phone is not connected through USB.

This not only sucks because iTunes and Pandora are in effect mutually exclusive, but more because Pandora and charging your phone are mutually exclusive. What I've done is keep a permanent phone charger with a coupled USB hooked up inside the console's power outlet. This charger also has a nice LED light on it that illuminates the inside of the console, very functional and looks like it's an integral part of the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. That is interesting. I uninstalled Pandora and then reinstalled it. It then played via the USB cable and displayed the song on the screen. I then switched to ITunes (which worked as it was suppose to) and when I switched back to Pandora it would no longer work. BTW blue tooth connected to USB did not work on my BMW either. Maybe a software update at some point will resolve the issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Ghibli does not support Bluetooth while connected via USB. Pretty sucky, but then this is technology shared from the steamy pile of Chrysler.

Reading your question again, you are asking if pandora is available over USB. No, only over Bluetooth and again only if your phone is not connected through USB.

This not only sucks because iTunes and Pandora are in effect mutually exclusive, but more because Pandora and charging your phone are mutually exclusive. What I've done is keep a permanent phone charger with a coupled USB hooked up inside the console's power outlet. This charger also has a nice LED light on it that illuminates the inside of the console, very functional and looks like it's an integral part of the car.
I can use Pandora and Spotify through the USB directly behind the gear shift no problem. You cant see the track info but I dont really care about that. Phone is also connected via bluetooth for calls.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess once they address the Sirius Radio issue I will be making a trip to the dealer to address this issue too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
OK LOL my 2011 Camero has no problem streaming Pandora with the phone pugged into the USB.........I Like RSM's work around and while i have not worked with the Uconnect sorry MTC yet.......Really a steamy pile??? You r too funny RSM....is it really that bad?....as I have said before ....Who cares it is a Maserati!!!!!! still not a big deal and I could care less guess I have to raise my standards.......but I work in M&A so trust me my clients require very very high standards....Again RSM great work around and contributor to this forum.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
:) not a fan of Chrysler or any big 3 auto company and I despise anything that has come in contact with UAW "labor". But of the three odors I'd have to say Chrysler's is most offensive. However, as anyone who once held GM bonds can attest, from the perspective of outright thievery GM in partnership with the Obama admin wins the Gold, literally and figuratively.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For charging my iPhone i use a Mophie. I can then use the USB port behind the shifter to charge the iPhone through the Mophie and use Bluetooth to stream Pandora. I would like a more elegant solution though...

·
Registered
26 Posts

Do you have a model number or an Amazon link for your "Permanent Phone Charger"?:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. That is interesting. I uninstalled Pandora and then reinstalled it. It then played via the USB cable and displayed the song on the screen. I then switched to ITunes (which worked as it was suppose to) and when I switched back to Pandora it would no longer work. BTW blue tooth connected to USB did not work on my BMW either. Maybe a software update at some point will resolve the issue.
My 2012 640i works with the USB cable and Pandora. My BMW system is actually integrated with Pandora but it has some drawbacks. Your iPhone must have pandora displayed. Then go to Radio on your BMW. A Pandora icon will be there and you can then use the car system to control Pandora. However, once you display something else on your iPhone (e-mail, phone, text message:eek:) you need to re-do the entire "mating" process again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok lets try this again...

You CAN stream ALL music from your phone (Pandora, Spotify even Netflix) with the USB directly behind the shifter.

Streaming with bluetooth makes no sense because it just drains the **** out of your battery

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wish I could but with my car the only thing I can stream is iTunes with a USB. Bluetooth only with everything else. That is the problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wish I could but with my car the only thing I can stream is iTunes with a USB. Bluetooth only with everything else. That is the problem.
try Spotify (better than Pandora anyways) and use the illuminated USB directly behind gear shift. Choose iPod and you should be good to go

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey RSM,
I would also like to know what permanent charger you use. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts