Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are enjoying our 2019 Ghibli S very much. It is such a joy to drive - makes even boring trips fun!

One thing that is a bit annoying: the sound level for the Park Assist feature has three levels: low, medium, and high. Even at the lowest level, the sound is way too loud - much louder than our Alfa Romeo Stelvio. The volume level on the Stelvio is perfect.

Does anyone know of a way to reduce the volume level of Park Assist to lower than the low setting? I've tried turning the stereo volume knob but it didn't seem to have an effect.
The lowest sound level is so loud that guests in the car almost jump out of their skin when it goes off..."WHAT'S THAT?"

On top of that, the settings allow for Park Assist to be off, to be on with just sound, or to be on with sound + display...there is no option for being on with just display which would have solved our volume issue.

Anyone know of a solution?

·
Administrator
2,326 Posts
Your the first on the forum to mention this loudness. As you mentioned, the pre-2017 models used the volume control knob. The 2019 as far as I see only has the three sound levels when turned on. It would be interesting to see if others with a 2019 have the same or if you tried another 2019+ Ghibli if it would have the same volume level on lowest setting as does yours.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
56 Posts
I always execute pull-through parking because backing out is the most dangerous maneuver in a car. So don't parallel park - problem solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi svelte,
I'm having exactly the same problem with my Ghibli GranLusso M157, MY20. I've had the car since July and reported the fault to the dealership immediately after picking it up, only to find out that no one would believe what I was saying. In my case, in fact, the problem appears to be erratic, i.e. not always louder than loud. So I supplied measurements of the sound intensity, which showed a level in excess of 105dB. I thought this would be enough to activate the techs' brainwaves and get to a solution. Not at all. I discovered that the service network in Australia is not geared towards diagnosing, let alone resolving, complex issues so, like you, I ended up disabling the beeps.

Ah, btw, I discovered a similar problem when receiving a phone call. The phone ring is deafening. But, also in this case, the issue happens erratically and typically on the first call received after starting the car (!?!). Same bewildered response from the Service guys. Never heard of such a problem before. Which is fair enough, as there is always a first time for everything.

I must say the local Maserati dealership is trying to help. For example, they made available to me another Ghibli MY20 for testing and comparison. I found out that the difference in intensity between the LO, MED, HI level settings, whilst almost non-existent in my car, was more evident in the other MY20 vehicle. They also provided me with a Ghibli S MY19 for testing, and that car showed a very evident difference between the 3 levels, making the LO level sounding normal.
I have the impression it is a design fault of the latest version of MTC+ controller, although no one is ready to even consider that as a possibility.
I would be keen to hear from the Users' group if anyone else is sharing the same issues and, especially, if anyone can find a solution.
Cheers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Aussie! Great to know I'm not alone (I think or did I just revel in your misfortune).

I will ask the dealer about it when I schedule my first service appointment. That's still months away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts