Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Picked up Bianco/Rosso SQ4 today

10K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  sam909 
#1 ·
I picked up my Bianco/Rosso SQ4 today. Ordered Dec 21.
- 19" Proteo
- Red Calipers
- Premium Audio
- Laminated Glass
- Power Rear Sunblind
- Premium package
- Exec/Luxury package
- Sport package

OMG! Amazing!

With just a short time with the car so far here are my initial thoughts:

Ride: Comfortable and great handling

Power: In Sport mode the acceleration is fantastic; engine/exhaust sound is fantastic - stunning in Sport mode

Audio: Dealer 'fixed' the sub issue. Personally, I think the system sounds great. Not perfect for sure but I am not an audiophile so take this as you may.

Interior: Very comfortable and luxurious. Chrysler parts are a non-issue for me. Infotainment system is easy to use; dash display is clean and has lots of options.

Exterior: My friend and I were in a parking lot looking over the car and one guy drove by giving a thumbs up and another circled us twice. I love the look of this car. The white exterior and red interior is a nice contrast.

Something I didn't know: Sport mode limits automatic shifting to sixth gear - though you can manually shift to eight

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #8 ·
sodgob: I specifically asked the dealer to check out the "audio issue" upon inspection of the car. According to his tech he had "a better fix than the factory recommended". Whatever they (the dealer) did sounds great. No rattle. Very clean. You do need to play with the EQ to customize to your preference. Again, I am not someone who is used to extreme high-end equipment. I have Lynn and Rotel for audio in the house and had Bose in the Audi. This sounds way better than the Audi.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. The Bianco/Rosso combo turned out to be amazing. Pictures do not do these cars justice so please DO NOT base your decision to buy or not just on the pictures you see.

Love the car!

Discussion starter · #13 ·
"What was the fix? Is there a Maser service notice for a fix?" - bjg625

According to my dealer there is a factory fix, though I do not have the details. There are a few threads in the forum about it. Whatever my dealer did worked very well.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Regarding the laminated glass. Originally I was going to tint the car. Not sure I will have to or would even want to. The laminated glass has a nice tint but you can very clearly see into the card, showing off the interior. I have not compared it to a non-laminated glass version of the car so I don't know if there is a difference in the sound. I will say the engine/exhaust sound is in no way hampered by the glass.

Discussion starter · #17 · (Edited)
One minor issue I was wondering if anyone else has had is the driver window not rolling back up after entering or leaving the vehicle. I have had this happen twice now where the window drops down to let me enter/exit but then does not roll up after closing the door. Thoughts? Experiences?

Probably will schedule something with the dealer for next week. Just making a list of potential service items and only have two now. The other is a rattle in the sunroof area when the car is cruising at highway speed. If I press my hand against the sunroof area the rattle disappears for a time. Just a note, every new car I have purchased went back to the dealer within the first two weeks to fix minor things so this is not big deal as far as I am concerned.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
"Which tires did you select to go with the Proteo's" - doubledeetob

I was never asked to select a tire. The car came with Continental ContiSportContact 5 P tires. Great performance so far. No slippage in turns, wet or dry, or from quick starts. Minimal noise and a good ride (I have the Sport package).

BTW, the Proteo's, for those that are considering, are stunning on this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.