Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking into picking up a 2014 Ghibli SQ4 with 64k Km, Vin# ZAM57RTA9E1098470 black/black with red caliper/sport wheels with carbon interior trims
, also a 2015 with only 36k Km Vin #ZAM57RTA8F1156215 Brown/light beige, silver caliper with wood trim, both selling for $40k, no damage before.

Is there any noticeable different between 2014 vs 2015?
Anyone on here can run the vin to see if there is any recall or anything outstanding? Also would like to find out the options list of both vehicles if possible.

I am coming from BMW/Porsche background, this vehicle is going to be for my wife, her Macan GTS lease is up and since the SQ4 depreciates so much, seems like it is a good purchase.

Which one would you guys pick also what should I look for when checking the vehicle? I am located in B.C Canada, It'd be great if there is a well reviewed local mechanic I can have the vehicle to checked before buying it.

Thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Options and color combo will play a role but, on the surface, you can get a year newer car with less km for the same price. So...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alvav, thank you for the reply,
Yes, it seems like a no brainer question, but the 2015 ones condition is soooo much worse than the 2014 one. I am no expert on Masa, but the 2014 seems like it has more options on it, 21 wheels, red caliper, paddle shift, different seat leather and also comes with carbon fibre trims, while the 2015 one doesn't have any of those.

·
Registered
302 Posts
There won't be much of a difference between the two. If the 14' is a better spec and has around same mileage id go with that. Any campaign or issues that the 14' had I'm sure were addressed while it was under warranty. I have a 15' and after having issues in the beginning, dealership worked everything out and now it is a pleasure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There won't be much of a difference between the two. If the 14' is a better spec and has around same mileage id go with that. Any campaign or issues that the 14' had I'm sure were addressed while it was under warranty. I have a 15' and after having issues in the beginning, dealership worked everything out and now it is a pleasure.
Hi NYCSQ4, Thank you for the reply!
The 2014 has almost 30000 km more than the 2015 but the 2014 one is in much better condition. I am planning to bring it to a local Maserati shop for an inspection. I checked on Maserati website and all the campaign and recalls have been done. I am very curious what options each car have tho, not sure if it is my imagination, the 2014 one sound more raw/aggressive than the 2015..?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im not sure if the 14's sounded any different then 15'. I have a 15' and the car is super loud. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Early 14's definitely sound louder and more raw than any other subsequent model. 15's aren't bad either.

·
Super Moderator
2,055 Posts
Early 14's definitely sound louder and more raw than any other subsequent model. 15's aren't bad either.
I agree completely. At one of the last Ghiblli meets we lined up the cars with them all running (and revving). The MY 14 was noticeably more raw and louder. What I also found interesting was all of them had a slightly different tone within a given range. I will also say, after one of the required emissions updates (in the states) the cars were toned down a little ... but even with that the MY14 is still much louder, (on cold start or warm)

·
Registered
564 Posts
i'd go with the one that has more trustworthy and thorough maintenance records. warranty is out for either so there is that. they both had maintenance plans through their life, so i'd hope they were both tended to.
does sound like the 14 is a better equipped car, especially with the 21s. take note though, that 21 inch wheel doesn't have any good all season choices for tires, only summer and winter. the 15 has 19s, which by all accounts are typically not as good looking.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i'd go with the one that has more trustworthy and thorough maintenance records. warranty is out for either so there is that. they both had maintenance plans through their life, so i'd hope they were both tended to.
does sound like the 14 is a better equipped car, especially with the 21s. take note though, that 21 inch wheel doesn't have any good all season choices for tires, only summer and winter. the 15 has 19s, which by all accounts are typically not as good looking.
+1 I wouldn't roll the dice on a used Ghibli without proper maintenance records. Especially a 14 or 15 MY. Strongly agree with the wheel comments too. 20s are the best if you need all-season tires. The 19s are too small for a car this size. 21s look the best for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts