Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,725 Posts
P0455 is common for a number of things related to a large leak in the EVAP system ... one of which is the integrated gas cap not sealing properly. Sometimes it self corrects over next few cycle of driving. The others are related to the EVAP system canister, hoses, purge/vent valves/solenoids to name a few.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0455 is common for a number of things related to a large leak in the EVAP system ... one of which is the integrated gas cap not sealing properly. Sometimes it self corrects over next few cycle of driving. The others are related to the EVAP system canister, hoses, purge/vent valves/solenoids to name a few.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had this code and the small leak P0442 pop up a couple times last year out of the blue. I cleared them and they came back but then eventually went away on their own. Of course it first happened right as I needed an emissions check, and a CEL is an auto fail. The trick was to clear the code after filling the tank and then driving to the test site. But I digress.

I called some people smart than me and I learned that the car will attempt to check the fuel system for leaks on a regular basis as it's driven. My understanding is that it usually will not start these tests when the tank is over ~85% full or under ~15% full. I suspect the filler neck on these cars could be a common failure point in the system, but that's based upon forum posts and the dealer mentioning that they've replaced more than a few of them. That said, as long as you can't smell fuel it could be more of an emissions issue than a true problem with the car. I'm not saying to ignore it but that's my experience with those vapor leak codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this code and the small leak P0442 pop up a couple times last year out of the blue. I cleared them and they came back but then eventually went away on their own. Of course it first happened right as I needed an emissions check, and a CEL is an auto fail. The trick was to clear the code after filling the tank and then driving to the test site. But I digress.

I called some people smart than me and I learned that the car will attempt to check the fuel system for leaks on a regular basis as it's driven. My understanding is that it usually will not start these tests when the tank is over ~85% full or under ~15% full. I suspect the filler neck on these cars could be a common failure point in the system, but that's based upon forum posts and the dealer mentioning that they've replaced more than a few of them. That said, as long as you can't smell fuel it could be more of an emissions issue than a true problem with the car. I'm not saying to ignore it but that's my experience with those vapor leak codes.
Thank you, that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts