Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
When I am calling people via bluetooth in my Ghibly the quality of sound is rather poor ie I ear like a rattling noise which seems to come from the fwd speakers. The whole conversation is fine but every now and then I hear this annoying sound from the speakers.
I presume it certainly depends on the tone of voice or smthg
Also if I turn the sound down this sound is less frequent.
I do not notice anything like that when listening to radio ...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Philippe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine has terrible distortion from the center speaker in hands free mode. If I don't turn down the volume below 10, it sounds like the cone is going to be destroyed.
The dealer told me Maserati is aware of this and is going to have a software update soon to correct it. Let's hope.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tuffy12 Maserati here told me it will be a software AND hardware upgrade ??? Do you have a SQ4 as they told me it was only this model which has the issue

·
Registered
77 Posts
It happens on my base model. But the worst part is it sometimes just keeps calling "unknown" lever and over and over again. Now I can rarely even use bluetooth.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have my car in for service now and was told Maserati NA is not replacing phone modules now because a software fix for the crackling is about to be released (within days). We'll see if that happens or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have my car in for service now and was told Maserati NA is not replacing phone modules now because a software fix for the crackling is about to be released (within days). We'll see if that happens or not.
I have the same problem in my diesal Ghibli, please keep us posted if you find out about the update for the bluetooth related crackling:|

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by PeBHello
When I am calling people via bluetooth in my Ghibly the quality of sound is rather poor ie I ear like a rattling noise which seems to come from the fwd speakers. The whole conversation is fine but every now and then I hear this annoying sound from the speakers.
I presume it certainly depends on the tone of voice or smthg
Also if I turn the sound down this sound is less frequent.
I do not notice anything like that when listening to radio ...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Philippe
Hi Philippe,

Radio SW does not filter loud peak signals. Marelli completed their validation on 9/4/2014 for the new SW for hands free Module.

SW release is now being forecasted to be released end of November 2014.

Thanks,

Howie - MaseratiCares
^HS

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Philippe,

Radio SW does not filter loud peak signals. Marelli completed their validation on 9/4/2014 for the new SW for hands free Module.

SW release is now being forecasted to be released end of November 2014.

Thanks,

Howie - MaseratiCares
^HS
Thanks will chase my dealer in the next few months for the SW upgrade.

Reactions: MaseratiCares

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe300Anyone have update?? poor sound on bluetooth speaker when incoming call comes in Static

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi Joe300,

The radio software does not filter loud peak signals. Marelli completed their validation on 9/4/2014 for the new software for hands free module.

The software release is now being forecasted to be released end of November 2014.

Thanks,

Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Worked!

Has anyone had the upgrade and did it remedy the problem?
I just had the upgrade done 10 days ago and am VERY happy to say that it worked! I had to re-pair my phone to the car once I received it back from the dealer, but everything is now fantastic.

Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts