Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had the car for about 1 month now. Everything is great except the poor radio FM reception. I've never had this problem with any car before but maybe other Ghibli owners can chime in.

Thanks! :)

BTW, I'm in the NYC/Long Island area

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have had the car for about 1 month now. Everything is great except the poor radio FM reception. I've never had this problem with any car before but maybe other Ghibli owners can chime in.

Thanks! :)

BTW, I'm in the NYC/Long Island area
It's a antenna issue that also effects the satellite radio. Maserati is working on a fix to replace the antennas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Anderson, I had the antenna replaced this week and it did not solve the FM reception problem. I live in the metro LA area and all FM stations from 88.1 to 91.5 have a lot of static. I've been able to get these stations (esp. 91.5) clearly in every other car I've owned. I pointed it out to the service dep't of my dealer (Maserati of Beverly Hills), and was told that since they found the same problem on their shop model of the car, my car is "operating normally - no fix." I realize that not many people listen to the radio anymore, but since I'm also having problems listening to music apps through my iPhone, my audio choices are limited. I plan to raise the issue with Maserati Consumer Affairs, but any suggestions in the meantime will be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
? . . and was told that since they found the same problem on their shop model of the car, my car is "operating normally - no fix.".
That is absurd! Consistent malfunctions are design issues and the subject of recalls and service bulletins. Not an acceptable response.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Absolutely a BS response from the dealer - sounds like the attitude of other Ferrari/Maserati dealers here in the NE when it comes to the Ghibli

All cars these days should have HD FM radio but the Ghibli does not; this along with the known problems with Premium Stereo and Satellite antenna delayed my decision to purchase - hence I am waiting for a 2015 and did not buy a late model 2014

andersonb_76 is compiling a list of issues with 2014 and was going to present to Karen Hayes at Maserati NA. I think it will be well received given the relationship the forum now has with her (see New Hope meet thread)

DD

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also had a similar issue with horrible reception on satellite radio. They replaced the antenna last week and no problems since. Also, my bluetooth had stopped working and they replaced that module as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts