Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are SOOOO MANY great things about this car.
But, for me what is truly great about the Ghibli is that it is attainable.
I am successful but not rich by most measures (I still have to go to work everyday).
And while this car is still unique, exotic and rare, Maserati has made it attainable for a large populace that could previously only dream of owning one.
It's been a great day!

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
I think it is fantastic that Maserati has become more accessible and caught our attention. We all earned it and deserved it!!!

I'm not rich, by many standards, just fortunate that I started from humble beginnings and invested in myself (and my family) so now capable of buying a Lamborghini or Maclaren or Bughatti or Maserati.

I chose the Maserati Ghibli S-Q4 because it somehow captured the spirit of Maserati at a humble/practical price for all it offers without being over the top. I just could not see me getting out of a car with "gull-wings". It just isn't me.

It is a great day to wake up and see the Maserati glistening in the light, feel the acceleration from the drivers seat or hearing its roar along the highway.

In the end, tjsbeer and all you fellow Ghibli formum members worked hard and earned the opportunity/rights to experience this special Maserati.

Enjoy the ride while we are young at heart!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
All well put........I cannot afford a Lamborghini but I was able to make this car work and I have to agree that there are many people who will live a dream......and from what I read most have worked long and hard to get here..............good job Maserati and to all my fellow owners who are hitting the sports button as we speak!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ignoring the price aspect, the Ghibli is a good package combining sportiness, 5 door practicality with the allure of a pedigree marque.

The other 5 doors out there are either much larger (think limo sized), too 'wave a wad of money around' shouty (Bentley's and Rolls Royces) or too 'fleet' (BMWs, Mercs, Audis)

It's hard to find anything else in it's class which ticks the boxes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree with you all. I am not in the 1% by any means. I am successful and work hard but the maserati, its badge and exclusivity being now on par with the amount I would have spent on a Mercedes or BMW says " I made it" with a sexier accent than German.

In my town, until there are five Maseratis at the red light in my town and four In my neighbor's driveways like there are Mercs and Bimmers....I will be in rare company. And that is fine with me!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I do love the exclusivity and certainly factored that in to my purchase decision. Snide comments such as "so, what's with the maserati?" or "oh, you drive a maserati?" when there are dozens of A8/S8's, 7-series and S-classes around (which almost certainly cost more) that don't get any reaction do tend to get tedious, however. So in a sense I wish the masses knew how attainable this car really is (I'm by no means in that 1% group either) compared to their perceptions of the brand. Can't have it both ways, I guess...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts