Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. Who has brake calipers painted anything other than black? Stock or after? Post a photo of your Ghibli showing the calipers. There are a few caliper paint threads with some photos, but not much as they appear on the vehicle.
I have a brake pad replacement coming up and want to paint my calipers while I'm there - but my wife wants them left black. I painted the calipers red on my prior vehicle (silver grey exterior) and was always really pleased with the look. I understand that color denotes performance/composite differences, but just looking at cosmetic appearance.
And do red or yellow better suit a particular exterior vehicle color or not? Silver? Blue?

·
Super Moderator
2,145 Posts
I quickly copied this thread link to give a look at red calipers on nero and grigio, also think black on grigio
I personally, think you would "color coordinate' with your car finish. I went through the on-line exercise to build one to see different color combinations. In the end, I went with a traditional red with white Maserati letters. I've seen yellow calipers gain some popularity, and black with white vehicles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that helps, thx. Having a grigio myself, some decent idea of the look with red calipers. I bought white decals already before learning of the marital unit reservations...
Your finish really changes with the light, eh?

·
Super Moderator
2,145 Posts
Your finish really changes with the light, eh?
Yes, the grigio maratea does have a unique finish where it can go from grays to browns depending on the light, (Think it is the Metallescent paint versus metal/mettalic flake). I really like the look.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Red looks good on any color. Blue looks nice with grey or grigio. Yellow looks "ok" with blue and also grey.

It's pretty rare for a Maserati to roll off the line without Red Calipers. I vote red for you. Use a good paint meant for calipers, it will last ofrever.

Finally, wives opinions and cars don't mix! I rarely ask her opinion. For example, my exhaust sound repulses her. Keep them separate and do what YOU want. Black Calipers = no color.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nice work. I gotta go with white lettering too. That red looks a little orangey, was that the look the wife wanted?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, all. Who has brake calipers painted anything other than black? Stock or after? Post a photo of your Ghibli showing the calipers. There are a few caliper paint threads with some photos, but not much as they appear on the vehicle.
I have a brake pad replacement coming up and want to paint my calipers while I'm there - but my wife wants them left
I have a brake pad replacement coming up and want to paint my calipers while I'm there - but my wife wants them left black. I painted the calipers red on my prior vehicle (silver grey exterior) and was always really pleased with the look. I understand that color denotes performance/composite differences, but just looking at cosmetic appearance.
And do red or yellow better suit a particular exterior vehicle color or not? Silver? Blue?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Interesting choices both the Purple Crush and the Bronze Gold. I honestly can not even begin to imagine with the entire car looks like on top of those purple calipers. Please tell me a girl is the primary driver.

Reactions: Keith2027
1 - 15 of 15 Posts