Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ghibili Trofeo, 2020 C63s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently purchased a Ghibili Trofeo with PZero Pirellis. The rear tyres were replaced under warranty at 5400ks as they were bald. The replacement rear tyres are now 30% worn at 8200ks. Could this be an issue with electronic dampers?

·
Registered
2016 Ghibli, 2019 VW Golf GTI
59 Posts
Hi,

Did the dealer make any comments as to why this has happened when they replaced them ? Were they evenly worn across the tyre width ? The Trofeo puts out some serious power & all Ghibli's (some more than others) appear to be pretty hard on tyres, but 5400kms seems very premature. The fact the dealer replaced them without any adjustments or replacement of parts suggests to me that they've seen this 'problem' before. I doubt electronic dampers would be the issue.
If it was me I would be asking the dealer some questions. Hopefully some other Trofeo owners here can make some comments.

·
Administrator
2,624 Posts
It's unusual to wear so quickly without aggressive driving, but depending on the type of asphalt / road material we have seen the Pirelli's can wear pretty quickly. The rear will wear our earlier than fronts. Usually, people run the fronts due to poor alignment.

·
Registered
2021 Ghibili Trofeo, 2020 C63s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Did the dealer make any comments as to why this has happened when they replaced them ? Were they evenly worn across the tyre width ? The Trofeo puts out some serious power & all Ghibli's (some more than others) appear to be pretty hard on tyres, but 5400kms seems very premature. The fact the dealer replaced them without any adjustments or replacement of parts suggests to me that they've seen this 'problem' before. I doubt electronic dampers would be the issue.
If it was me I would be asking the dealer some questions. Hopefully some other Trofeo owners here can make some comments.
Thanks Mark. They attempted to blame me for aggressive driving, however my previous car was an E63s and I had no problems. I thought if the "Skyhook" suspension was receiving inputs from the RHS but applying the responses to the LHS damper this might explain the rapid wear. Often even with only moderate acceleration one rear wheel will spin. I told the dealer that this should not be able to occur because the traction control should come into play. They were not moved.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi
I recently purchased a Ghibili Trofeo with PZero Pirellis. The rear tyres were replaced under warranty at 5400ks as they were bald. The replacement rear tyres are now 30% worn at 8200ks. Could this be an issue with electronic dampers?
I had to replace new rears at 6000 miles. I simply put it down to driving style, varoooooom😊
Little point in having something and not enjoying it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts