Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my car and the difference is NIGHT and DAY! They have found the problem (mine anyway) with the subwoofer in the premium stereo. The rattle and vibration is coming from the third brake light housing.

I can't believe the difference! :D

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
Great to hear!! (or not hear;)) Did the combined fixes address only rattles or do you feel there is an improvement in overall bass sound?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear!! (or not hear;)) Did the combined fixes address only rattles or do you feel there is an improvement in overall bass sound?
Overall, it is like an entirely new system. There were some software updates that they performed, so that may have helped. Believe me when I tell you that difference (not that it's a great system to begin with) is a lot more than I would have expected.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the campaigns they performed was an IPC to BCM software configuration (looks like it may have had something to do with the uconnect). If so, that may have helped significantly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Help with the Bass

Great news. Can you tell us exactly what the service department did? I have no rattles, however, no bass. With bass in the system I would be one happy camper. Thanks, Scott in Tampa

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great news. Can you tell us exactly what the service department did? I have no rattles, however, no bass. With bass in the system I would be one happy camper. Thanks, Scott in Tampa
scott13- I think we should start searching for a drop in replacement sub. That might be the best option. Anyone have specs on the OEM sub?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left the paperwork at my office. There were either 4 or 5 updates that needed to be done. I will list the campaign numbers and descriptions tomorrow. As far as the third brake light, I think they pulled out the housing and insulated it with dynamat.

There is still a rattle. It just isn't nearly as bad, and the sound seems to be much clearer.

From what it sounded like before, I say that it is a DEFINITE improvement.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
312 Posts
scott13- I think we should start searching for a drop in replacement sub. That might be the best option. Anyone have specs on the OEM sub?
The OEM sub is oval shaped...good luck finding a drop in replacement.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the following campaigns/recalls

Campaign # 250
Update IPC to BCM software configuration

Campaign # 255
Update HVAC control module software

Campaign # 258
Update IPC unit software

Campaign # 259
Update all 4 door modules software and reset basic settings

NO CAMPAIGN #
Perform ECM and TCM control module software update
This is for the hard downshift from 2nd to 1st

Also under recalls
Perform rear bonnet gasket seal
Satellite radio antenna
Side window wind noise
Spark plug cleaning (It states that all of my plugs were replaced)

For the "rattle from subwoofer" it states...
Remove/Replace parcel shelf and added dynamat on 3rd brake lamp
housing.

It sounds like everyone should be making a service appointment and getting these issues addressed.

Reactions: GhibliFan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ssipes, what was your built date?

Thanks

FoxBeat

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Took my Ghibli back to the dealer. They fixed the rattle and it sounds much better now however still lacks the bass that a premium sound system should have. Most 35K cars have better sounding sound systems. I think Maserati really messed up on this one. Love everything else but the sound system.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Here is what my dealer told me that they did to fix the rattle. Removed the hat shelf and installed extra padding to insure proper function. They said that all Ghibli's need this in order to fix the rattle issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here are the following campaigns/recalls

Campaign # 250
Update IPC to BCM software configuration

Campaign # 255
Update HVAC control module software

Campaign # 258
Update IPC unit software

Campaign # 259
Update all 4 door modules software and reset basic settings

NO CAMPAIGN #
Perform ECM and TCM control module software update
This is for the hard downshift from 2nd to 1st

Also under recalls
Perform rear bonnet gasket seal
Satellite radio antenna
Side window wind noise
Spark plug cleaning (It states that all of my plugs were replaced)

For the "rattle from subwoofer" it states...
Remove/Replace parcel shelf and added dynamat on 3rd brake lamp
housing.

It sounds like everyone should be making a service appointment and getting these issues addressed.
Can you tell us what dealership you went to? I want to be able to call them with my dealer if they claim they are not aware of these repairs...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts