Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
ChiTownMaser said:
I replaced only my front 2 door speakers with these and I highly recommend them. I liked them more than the comparatively priced Focals.
The stock speakers are absolute garbage compared to these.

Abt.com - Pioneer TS-Z65CH

I feel I could have replaced all 4 door speakers with these and been happy without the additional sub amp and 10in subwoofer (to replace stock sub) I also installed. You will get your mid-range bass with these and then some (especially if you go all 4 doors) and I have EQs at 0 across the board so it's clean sound without rattle. With the additional powered sub, my system rocks and I'm extremely pleased. This was an upgrade on the Harman 900W system.
Very helpful, thanks! Probably a dumb question (still learning here :)) - are the speakers in the rear doors the same size as the front?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ChiTownMaser said:
I replaced only my front 2 door speakers with these and I highly recommend them. I liked them more than the comparatively priced Focals.
The stock speakers are absolute garbage compared to these.

Abt.com - Pioneer TS-Z65CH

I feel I could have replaced all 4 door speakers with these and been happy without the additional sub amp and 10in subwoofer (to replace stock sub) I also installed. You will get your mid-range bass with these and then some (especially if you go all 4 doors) and I have EQs at 0 across the board so it's clean sound without rattle. With the additional powered sub, my system rocks and I'm extremely pleased. This was an upgrade on the Harman 900W system.
I am doing the four doors as well, but I am also going to do the center speaker.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Very helpful, thanks! Probably a dumb question (still learning here :)) - are the speakers in the rear doors the same size as the front?
yes

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am doing the four doors as well, but I am also going to do the center speaker.
good call on the center speaker. I wish I had upgraded the center speaker. It does a lot of work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
good call on the center speaker. I wish I had upgraded the center speaker. It does a lot of work.
It sure does. Too much I think. A lot of sound (voices) come from there and if it’s inadequate it really exposes the low quality of the speaker.

For now I actually faded the sound slightly to the rear to take some emphasis off the center speaker. Does anyone else do this?

·
Registered
253 Posts
It sure does. Too much I think. A lot of sound (voices) come from there and if it’s inadequate it really exposes the low quality of the speaker.

For now I actually faded the sound slightly to the rear to take some emphasis off the center speaker. Does anyone else do this?
yeah i faded back 2 clicks as well

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Figured I would add one more recent observation. We had a few 70 degree days here in the Boston area this week. The Premium Sound system sounds a lot better to me with the windows open. Go figure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts