Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pretty sure it just makes the CarPlay wireless, your radio remains untouched...?
Yeah but from this video
Looks like it takes over the screen too. So I was wondering how you toggle back if you want to use XM.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah but from this video
Looks like it takes over the screen too. So I was wondering how you toggle back if you want to use XM.
It looks to be a modified CarPlay system which has an app that accepts wireless CarPlay, so when you use the dongle it's: Apple CarPlay -> modified CarPlay (but you don't see it once you connect CarPlay) -> MTC+

·
Registered
49 Posts
It looks to be a modified CarPlay system which has an app that accepts wireless CarPlay, so when you use the dongle it's: Apple CarPlay -> modified CarPlay (but you don't see it once you connect CarPlay) -> MTC+
Right, well I guess I'll figure out how it works when I get it next week.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
You have to have factory Apple CarPlay, so 2017 plus. This dongle then works exactly like wired CarPlay. So yes, just hit the Maserati icon on the CarPlay screen to toggle to the cars system. Same as wired, in fact it’s just a wireless bridge between your phone and the USB port. Think about it that way. Been using it since early March. Happy to answer any questions. The dongle fits behind the door and I have cables that allow you to close the door.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You have to have factory Apple CarPlay, so 2017 plus. This dongle then works exactly like wired CarPlay. So yes, just hit the Maserati icon on the CarPlay screen to toggle to the cars system. Same as wired, in fact it’s just a wireless bridge between your phone and the USB port. Think about it that way. Been using it since early March. Happy to answer any questions. The dongle fits behind the door and I have cables that allow you to close the door.
Oh crap so if you don't have carplay now (i.e. 2014 Ghibli) it won't work?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
41 - 47 of 47 Posts