Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

What should I expect in terms of negotiations on the price for a Ghibli S Q4 in the US? I am used to negotiating on more pedestrian brands, but this is a new one for me. I've read that negotiations on a Quatroportte has yielded sizable discounts in the past, but of course there is no information on the Ghibli.

Are those that have placed an order simply paying the full MSRP?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Guys,

What should I expect in terms of negotiations on the price for a Ghibli S Q4 in the US? I am used to negotiating on more pedestrian brands, but this is a new one for me. I've read that negotiations on a Quatroportte has yielded sizable discounts in the past, but of course there is no information on the Ghibli.

Are those that have placed an order simply paying the full MSRP?
employ the algebra of need, who wants what how badly.

Cui Bono

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood, but I am not one for paying more than I have to for something. Seeing as traditionally Maserati has offered healthy discounts off their cars, I was curious if the Ghibli would follow the same path.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Because it is new I feel that negotiations are going to be limited.

If you wait a year or so its possible to get better discounts.

Question is ; can you wait that long?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, I can't a year. I need to get rid of my BMW when it is still worth something - a bit of exaggeration, but resale value goes down when the warranty and free maintenance period goes out on one of these.

So early buyers like us get the triple whammy of 1) unfavorable negotiation positions, 2) imperfect availability of options, and 3) potential initial-run quality issues. In exchange, we get to be one of the first to have this car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm not so sure about prices falling. I suspect the Ghibli could be so popular at its launch price that there is a premium grey market followed by a price hike. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ghibli pre sales have been amazing, I know of stores who have 50-60 already sold at MSRP. Dont expect to much of a discount for now. Maserati dealers are used to having huge marketups but not anymore so they are going to be tighter on the pricing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ghibli pre sales have been amazing, I know of stores who have 50-60 already sold at MSRP. Dont expect to much of a discount for now. Maserati dealers are used to having huge marketups but not anymore so they are going to be tighter on the pricing.
When you say "don't expect much", does that mean you should expect "some small discount"? If so, how much?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I Expect demand to exclude the possibility of a discount. IMO and I have never paid the MSRP ever but will for one of these!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
does anyone think we should expect some dealers to charge more than what the set MSRP is? I have a feeling some will tack on an extra few thousand or more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can totally see that happening. First adopters are going to have to eat it until the demand goes down or the supply goes up...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe there will be chances for discounts if dealers actually have inventory in the form of multiple cars on the lot to sell. Until then, no chance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great question, I found Collectionmotorsports.com that does discount and will ship anywhere. I understand that west coast dealers will not discount but not sure as they are not talking price to me yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I bought thru Miller in Greenwhich Ct, good sales people but forget any sort of discount. In fact the day I placed my order they had just sold the Q4 they were using as a "test car" and the buyer of that only got "a couple of thousand" discount. I have followed with interest previous posts about large discounts to be had and while I don't doubt it I suspect it is totally dependent on where you are in the country. Sadly Greenwhich is not a good spot for discounts.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sorry that is not the case.............I have negotiated $4K off MSRP and there are other documented deals on this site and maseratilife showing 3-4K off. However, i believe you have to be able to create competition. I have three dealers within and hour drive of my house and one that is 15 minutes from my house................easy peasy........I was up front with the dealer I was working with and he offered what I believe to be the top discount. Plus i was able to minimize my non refundable deposit, If your dealer is the only one in the area may be harder but that does not limit you from going to another dealer or going online and getting a quote................create competition and be willing to walk away (or appear to be willing to do so) Good Luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The dealer I went to say that they WILL discount a Ghibli, but that in one year incentives will be higher.

My lease on my Bimmer is up on Dec 30 so I'm hoping that means I'll be able to cross shop Ghibli's at healthy discounts.

I do really like the car but I'm not gonna pay near MSRP for a Maserati. Even though the Ghibli will naturally hold value better than a QP/GT, BMW/M-B segment leaders get discounted 10-15% (over 20% sometimes in M-B's case in fact) during the end of the year and I don't see why a Maserati take on a "mass market" Sedan won't as well.... especially considering the Maser is the one who's resale is still up in the air.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts