Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati announced the starting prices for the Ghibli after the car debuted at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Prices start at 48,830 pounds (74,265 USD) for the diesel 3.0L V6. Gasoline variants of the Ghibli will be upwards of 50,000 pounds (76045 USD.)

Don't forget that these prices will go up after you start adding options.

·
Registered
168 Posts
One cannot simply convert pounds to USD. Taxation and other factors mean that the U.S. price will be lower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is true!
I used to get upset about the prices where I live in the UK when I was working in Houston and checking out the dealers, even a UK made Range Rover was cheaper in the US. And the Porsche I was quoted 6 months delivery for in the UK was available within a few weeks in Texas!
However, I got a better perspective on it when I chatted to guys at work from places like Norway, Cyprus, South Africa, Malaysia, etc. who think UK prices are a steal compared to theirs which are loaded with a massive import duty burden!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fair enough on the currency conversion, but the price in pounds is still accurate. It's enough to give us an idea of what the Ghibli will cost in different markets.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This article from Australia says the Ghibli will be starting at $200,000. That is quite a bit higher than I was expecting. Is this just the Aussie pricing, or is it just wrong???

Article here

·
Registered
305 Posts
Salizar - are you from Australia. If you are you will know that all foreign exotica is exorbitantly taxed and priced. My BMW 730 is AUS$99,000 here in the UK probably less in the US and AUS$223,000 in Australia.

They really want you to keep buying those Holdens and Fords.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Salizar - are you from Australia. If you are you will know that all foreign exotica is exorbitantly taxed and priced. My BMW 730 is AUS$99,000 here in the UK probably less in the US and AUS$223,000 in Australia.

They really want you to keep buying those Holdens and Fords.
That is a crazy mark-up! I had no idea that the Aussies had to pay so much more for imported cars. I guess they are just trying to protect their own auto industry (isn't every country?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts