Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken delivery of a Ghibli yet? If so, was there any discount off MSRP? Has anyone received confirmed lease rates from a dealer? I'm guessing there have been no deliveries yet, only demo cars on dealer lots and maybe the car has not been "officially" released for sale in the US?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great question, I found Collectionmotorsports.com that does discount and will ship anywhere. I understand that west coast dealers will not discount but not sure as they are not talking price to me yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Took delivery on Sat. Discount? A little wiggle on my trade-in, but as the rule of thumb goes, if you're looking for this type of car, you probably can afford it. So far, as performed as expected and easier to set up than BMW or Audi

·
Registered
348 Posts
Took delivery on Sat. Discount? A little wiggle on my trade-in, but as the rule of thumb goes, if you're looking for this type of car, you probably can afford it. So far, as performed as expected and easier to set up than BMW or Audi
Congrats…I'm just South of you in Northbrook. Guessing you went to Lake Forest?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If someone in the LA area wants a Siena / Cuoio / Carbon Fiber with 20's, sport and tech package from the first shipment, it will be available. Send me a PM

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm in Highland Park btw :) . Ordered in August. Still waiting.... when did you place your order?
Nice…lots of Chicago area folks on here! You should be getting yours any day now! I'm finalizing my order this week…literally going back and forth on options and pricing all day today. They are saying I won't get my car till February…oh well. :mad: Did you use Lake Forest? Those guys have been great so far with my experience. What color did you get?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Order now and Feb delivery is the same timing I was advised. Do not feel bad for some reason I forgot my current lease is 39 Months so I will be waiting until April for my car. Hopefully, that might save me some money!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Order now and Feb delivery is the same timing I was advised. Do not feel bad for some reason I forgot my current lease is 39 Months so I will be waiting until April for my car. Hopefully, that might save me some money!!!
usually the longer you wait the more you save, in april you might be able to negotiate the price off some Ghibli you want on the dealer's lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seriously thinking of a E63 as a backup plan, for $10k more, same lease payments. Something to consider.

·
Registered
324 Posts
anyone backing out on there order to get something else?
Well... I have reservations, but after a close encounter this morning at the dealer I am less inclined to look elsewhere. This car is beautiful up close. I've had two concerns about taking delivery:

1. Interior quality, fit and finish
  2. Throttle response
Inspecting the interior first-hand: sitting in all the seats, feeling the leather, inspecting the touch screen, operating the switchgear, etc. I have to say, I am *much* more satisfied than I thought I'd be. Photos do not do the car justice. What appears to be a cheesy looking touchscreen in the photos, turns out to be a well integrated device befitting of a sporty, as opposed to luxury, Maserati in the flesh. Some of the console compartments operate a little less smoothly than I'd like. For instance, my runner up car, the 650 GC, is a little more polished in that category, but just a little -- not enough to make a difference. On the whole I have to say the interior is much more impressive than I had expected.

I didn't have time this morning to drive the car. I'd like to drive the sq4, but my dealer doesn't have it prepped yet, so tomorrow I'll test the base model. Assuming there's no difference between the two with respect to throttle response, I'll know my answer to #2 early tomorrow...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well... I have reservations, but after a close encounter this morning at the dealer I am less inclined to look elsewhere. This car is beautiful up close. I've had two concerns about taking delivery:

1. Interior quality, fit and finish
  2. Throttle response
Inspecting the interior first-hand: sitting in all the seats, feeling the leather, inspecting the touch screen, operating the switchgear, etc. I have to say, I am *much* more satisfied than I thought I'd be. Photos do not do the car justice. What appears to be a cheesy looking touchscreen in the photos, turns out to be a well integrated device befitting of a sporty, as opposed to luxury, Maserati in the flesh. Some of the console compartments operate a little less smoothly than I'd like. For instance, my runner up car, the 650 GC, is a little more polished in that category, but just a little -- not enough to make a difference. On the whole I have to say the interior is much more impressive than I had expected.

I didn't have time this morning to drive the car. I'd like to drive the sq4, but my dealer doesn't have it prepped yet, so tomorrow I'll test the base model. Assuming there's no difference between the two with respect to throttle response, I'll know my answer to #2 early tomorrow...
@RSM - Do you not even bother testing the base model if you are considering the SQ4 and comparing it to the 650 GC. The base model is way to soft and sluggish and the throttle response is NOT similar to the SQ4, it is worse.

IMO the 650 GC interior components (mainly compartments/cup holders) are far superior. As for the switch gear (windows, lights, nav), the 650 GC is a little better but not by much. The leather in the SQ4 (Premium leather) is superior to the Germans. The 650 GC while slightly faster then the SQ4 and measurably as dynamic perhaps, has nowhere near the "feel" of the SQ4…it is somewhat numb in comparison. The SQ4 is a true drivers car by a long shot over the GC, CLS, S7, A6, E, 5 series. Although the 650 GC is more driver oriented then the rest of the germans, it doesn't reach the levels of the SQ4. Not even the E63 matches the feel…although the E63 is faster then any 4 door on the road, it just doesn't give you the "connected" feel of the SQ4. These of course are only my opinions; it becomes a personal choice at this point.

Can't wait to hear your impressions after driving the SQ4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am slow playing for the exact reasons RSM states

I've driven a Q4 and have previously noted my surprise with the throttle response. Perhaps I've been spoiled by my current '07 QP which has wonderful throttle response, but it is an issue I've not yet decided I can get used to.

If Maserati hears this rather common feedback, are they going to correct the issue? If they can correct it, can they correct it in vehicles already produced with programming? Or is this an issue that will only be corrected on future models?

As for interior finishing, I was not impressed with my first experience, but that Q4 was base level. I am also waiting to see a Q4 with the premium and extended leather to determine if that is enough to overlook the switch gear.

Anyway, I sure do love the look and the sound of the car. And I hope the two issues above are resolved as I don't really want to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've driven a Q4 and have previously noted my surprise with the throttle response. Perhaps I've been spoiled by my current '07 QP which has wonderful throttle response, but it is an issue I've not yet decided I can get used to.

If Maserati hears this rather common feedback, are they going to correct the issue? If they can correct it, can they correct it in vehicles already produced with programming? Or is this an issue that will only be corrected on future models?

As for interior finishing, I was not impressed with my first experience, but that Q4 was base level. I am also waiting to see a Q4 with the premium and extended leather to determine if that is enough to overlook the switch gear.

Anyway, I sure do love the look and the sound of the car. And I hope the two issues above are resolved as I don't really want to look elsewhere.
a new ECU configuration should solve most of it if they can get the right mix of everything going on. i wonder if they even know about this and if they're working on a fix. anyone know how we can find out?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Call Maserati NA. IF they would have to replace the ecu my guess is they will not do it or sell it as a performance upgrade for boku bucks! I have no expertise in these areas but if the ecu does not accept new programming tough nuts for anyone who takes delivery before they make a change if the even make a change. Not sure if Maserati would even discuss this or admit to it considering the issues it creates if reprogramming is not an option. MY15 would probably get the change.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts