43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SQ4

PREMIUM PACKAGE = $1780
remote start, front/rear sensors, power pedals, easy entry, rain sensor wipers

Cold Weather Package = $2270
heated/wood wheel, heated rear seats, power rear sunblind

Luxury Package = $2990
extended premium leather, velour carpets(required for certain colors)

Luxury Package w/ ventilated seats = $4220

Sport Package = $1390

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am also interested in seeing the entire price sheet for the base Ghibli, with the list of standard features and cost of options. It would answer some questions about the S Q4's pricing as well. If you can upload the files to a place like SendSpace.com and share a link, that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RWD

Base Pack = $2890
bluetooth, sunroof, auto dimming mirrors, 8 way power seats, electric steering column

Premium Package = $3100
remote start, sensors, heated from seats, power pedals, easy entry, headlight control and rain sensing wipers

Cold Weather Package = $2280
heated/wood wheel, heated rear seats, power rear sunblind

Tech Package = $3050
Navi and premium sound system

Tech Plus Package = $6850
Navi plus B&W sound

Luxury Package = $2880
extended premium leather, velour carpets(required for certain colors)

Luxury Package w/ Ventilation = $3990

Sport Package = $470
shift paddles and sport foot pedals

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is great, thanks! I'm confused though? What happened to the Sport 19", 20", 21" packages listed in the ordering guide? Will these be options available after the initial roll out?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for sharing. A couple of observations:

1. The Carbon Fiber trim for the base model is double the price as for the S Q4 model.
2. There are few a la cart options available (most are bundled in more expensive packages).
3. The base model's base price is actually almost $67k, or 2k more than than $65k that Maserati has been pitching. If you bought the base model with zero options at MSRP, it would still run about $73k OTD (in states like Texas with high sales tax). Adding just a few options gets you to $80k+ very quickly (or $15k more than the advertised $65k).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for sharing. A couple of observations:

1. The Carbon Fiber trim for the base model is double the price as for the S Q4 model.
2. There are few a la cart options available (most are bundled in more expensive packages).
3. The base model's base price is actually almost $67k, or 2k more than than $65k that Maserati has been pitching. If you bought the base model with zero options at MSRP, it would still run about $73k OTD (in states like Texas with high sales tax). Adding just a few options gets you to $80k+ very quickly (or $15k more than the advertised $65k).
1) price will vary for options on the 2 models

2) the ala carte options are for people who want 1 option but dont want to pay for a full package

3) its still cheap... you can build these up to well over $100k and plenty of people have done that so far.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I believe the reason there are no 19/20/21 sports packages is because they are supposed to come with contrast stitching, which is not currently available at initial launch.

Some of the option prices cost more on the base than the S Q4 for the reason that they are an upgrade to an upgrade. For example, the S Q4 comes with Radica wood trim, which is itself an upgrade for the base model. The carbon fiber trim is an upgrade to the Radica wood trim, so the cost would be higher if the car did not have any Radica wood trim to begin with.

The price of the car does not include freight, which is a common and industry-wide way of quoting MSRP. Prices are always +TTF, which is Tax, Tags, and Freight. I also believe you can't really add taxes on top of the car and say that the base car is going to be $80k, as if somehow Maserati engaged in deceptive advertising. Maserati does not have any control over taxes, nor is the taxes uniformly applied for all buyers. Maserati charges $65.7k for the car, plus $1250 for shipping it to you. The rest of it is out of their hands. Some states have very low taxes, some have very high taxes. Some states like mine (VA), charges an annual property tax for cars on top of the sales tax we pay. But these taxes are charged for all cars, not just Maserati. So whether I buy a $85k Maserati, or $85K BMW, the taxes are the same. This is the cost of owning an $85k car in VA in general, and not specific to any one car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe the reason there are no 19/20/21 sports packages is because they are supposed to come with contrast stitching, which is not currently available at initial launch.

The sport package and the wheels are seperate options.

You can get the sport package with the base wheel, or you can add the 19s, 20s or 21s

·
Registered
62 Posts
The price of the car does not include freight, which is a common and industry-wide way of quoting MSRP. Prices are always +TTF, which is Tax, Tags, and Freight. I also believe you can't really add taxes on top of the car and say that the base car is going to be $80k, as if somehow Maserati engaged in deceptive advertising. Maserati does not have any control over taxes, nor is the taxes uniformly applied for all buyers. Maserati charges $65.7k for the car, plus $1250 for shipping it to you. The rest of it is out of their hands. Some states have very low taxes, some have very high taxes. Some states like mine (VA), charges an annual property tax for cars on top of the sales tax we pay. But these taxes are charged for all cars, not just Maserati. So whether I buy a $85k Maserati, or $85K BMW, the taxes are the same. This is the cost of owning an $85k car in VA in general, and not specific to any one car.
Nova, I don't disagree with you, and I wasn't trying to imply that Maserati was deceptive, I was simply noting my observation that if you want to buy a base Ghibli with options that are standard for many competitors, you should be prepared to pay significantly more than $65k. This car is still on the top of my list, but its a little less appealing now that I have the price list (probably just sticker shock that will hopefully fade! :))

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nova, I don't disagree with you, and I wasn't trying to imply that Maserati was deceptive, I was simply noting my observation that if you want to buy a base Ghibli with options that are standard for many competitors, you should be prepared to pay significantly more than $65k. This car is still on the top of my list, but its a little less appealing now that I have the price list (probably just sticker shock that will hopefully fade! :))
i dont understand how you can be sticker shocked or how the car can be less appealing because its a $72k car with navi instead of $65k. $65-$72k is a small difference when we are talking about this kind of money, especially when considering a Maserati.

in the end it will still be a better choice then Audi, BMW or Benz.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts