Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of issues ongoing. Returned to dealership at least 12 time in 10 months

1. DRIVERS SIDE DOOR RATTLE

This has been present since I took delivery of the car. The rattle has been chased around the door. After each visit to the Zagame service centre in Richmond the rattle was in a different location in the door. I have had this looked at 6-7 times - 2 last week. I took the car in last Tuesday and after being told the rattle was fixed, noticed it again on my drive home. On the final visit the guys in the city service centre padded the whole door, speaker etc. Even padded parts of the footwell and readjusted or replaced the bonnet release lever as they said this was moving too much.

2. SUNROOF RATTLE

This has been looked at at least 3-4 times. In the Richmond service centre the guys re-lubricated the unit and said it should be okay. Lubrication wears off the though and rattle presented again. I took it in again and again they lubricated it and again it's returned. In my first visit to the City service centre last week, I was then told the glass in the sunroof unit is actually faulty or warped and they've ordered new glass, which they think should stop the rattle.

3. CD PLAYER STOPS AFTER HEATING UP, ABOUT 1HR PLAYTIME

This has also been happening since I took delivery of the car. I took it to the Richmond service centre 2 or 3 times before they said the unit needed to be replaced, which meant the entire head unit needed replacing. We waited a few weeks for a new unit to come from Italy. It was fitted to the car in November, I believe, and in December the new CD player failed in the same way. After my service visits last week, I was told that the particular CD unit fitted in the new Maserati's has a tendancy to heat up and that I shouldn't use rewritable CDs as they can warp with the heat. So they don't consider this a fixable problem - so it is in fact, my problem.

4. FRONT PANELS OUT OF ALIGNMENT

At the time that I noticed a rattle had developed in the sunroof, my partner noticed that the bonnet and front quarter panels were slightly out of alignment as well. We told the Richmond service centre and they fixed this for us. That was just one visit to fix.

5. RUBBER TRIM ON DRIVER PEDALS FALLING OFF

The rubber trim lines within the the brake pedal had curled up and were peeling off. The Richmond service centre ordered a new set and replaced them but they are again peeling off - I have only just noticed this today.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts