Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

As already discussed in a few other threads, my 2017 SQ4 occasionally pulses while accelerating. (Engine oscillation/stutter/hesitation (Solved))

Last week, I took the vehicle to a local Maserati service center to get it checked out and they suggested it was because I changed to my winter set without resetting the tire/wheel configuration set in the body control module. I did downsize my wheels from 20 to 18 for winter. They also suggested that I should reset the body control module again when I swap it with my summer set. I have not yet experienced the pulsation since then but still a bit skeptical of whether this was the actual cause of the problem.

Is it really necessary to reconfigure the body control module every time I switch between my summer and winter set?
Any thoughts or similar experiences from anyone?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So....when I'm turning i get the stuttering on acceleration...took it to my local maserati dealer and miraculously another was there exact same issue..4 weeks later still and 15k of work later still no clue how to fix it....but it is a real issue.. we (the two owners) were told maserati in Italy wants a car there so they can take a closer look. This is a real issue if you want more details I'll connect you with my service rep...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did they check the ABS ESP contact at the wheels ?
I do not know this for sure but I will ask my rep. What I know they did change out was the differential; transfer case; They were not even aware this was an issue until two Maserati's showed up with the exact same issue. BTW I have a 2018 S Q4

Meanwhile we are waiting to hear from the Maserati in Italy for next steps. Just glad to have my car back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts