Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Obviously i'm new here and excited to join the club on purchasing my dream car, learning and being here.,

I am currently buying a used 2015 Ghibli with 69000 miles on it. It has solid service records and seems to be fully up to date on service and I have a couple questions.

Since i'm buying one thats out of warranty at this point is there any recommendations on aftermarket warranty's on these going forward? Also what are some of your guys recommended ways on saving money outside the general oil change on keeping up with these. I've watched my fair share of videos and feel capable of doing that no problem but i'm curious if you all do anything else outside of that? Also im open to any other good suggestions on keeping up with an older one at this point. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2015 SQ4 for about 4 years now and purchased right before the factory warranty was up. I did get an extended warranty from the maserati dealer that was aftermarket. i'm happy to say I've never had to use the aftermarket warranty after putting about 30,000 miles on her. She has 51k now and I've had no issues. I have an independent change the oil for about $300, I replaced my own spark plugs (super easy), and one tire change all the way around to Pilots. I say without a doubt it's one of the best problem free cars I've owned. Get it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hope it works out for you. Basic maintenance is all easy on these cars. At 69k you could think about a transmission flush (although they say it's a lifetime fluid) which is easy too on these ZF 8 speeds. Lots of tutorials online for just about everything. Look through the service records and see if the coolant has been flushed and make sure the plugs were changed too. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! Obviously i'm new here and excited to join the club on purchasing my dream car, learning and being here.,

I am currently buying a used 2015 Ghibli with 69000 miles on it. It has solid service records and seems to be fully up to date on service and I have a couple questions.

Since i'm buying one thats out of warranty at this point is there any recommendations on aftermarket warranty's on these going forward? Also what are some of your guys recommended ways on saving money outside the general oil change on keeping up with these. I've watched my fair share of videos and feel capable of doing that no problem but i'm curious if you all do anything else outside of that? Also im open to any other good suggestions on keeping up with an older one at this point. Thanks for any input!
my 2015 Diesel just had its Heater Vane mechanism changed $900 so be ready for it as its a Common Fault ..
Other wise a dream to drive over distance 6.5/100K consumption ..
You wont be dissatisfied :)

·
Registered
2015 Black Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (Named "Bella")
43 Posts
Congratulations !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts