Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I just got my new SQ4 (Grigio Metallic/Black) last week and took it on a 1000m road trip. The car is a lot of fun if you like to drive :)

Hoping to contribute back to the forums after being a lurker during the buying process.

--Niren.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I just got my new SQ4 (Grigio Metallic/Black) last week and took it on a 1000m road trip. The car is a lot of fun if you like to drive :)

Hoping to contribute back to the forums after being a lurker during the buying process.

--Niren.
Welcome and congrats! ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on your beautiful car - welcome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh and pics needed!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome!

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Congrats

DD

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi All,

--Niren.
Congrats! I am in Chicago, too. If you see a white S Q4 with black aftermarket wheels and some paint job, that's me. By the way, which dealer did you get yours from?

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Enjoy ... These are beautiful cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! I am in Chicago, too. If you see a white S Q4 with black aftermarket wheels and some paint job, that's me. By the way, which dealer did you get yours from?
I got it from Zeigler in Schaumburg. I'll look out for you if you're driving in the NW burbs :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
That's where I got mine. They have pretty good pricing, but they definitely need to improve their facility. Their sales and service is still questionable at this time since they are under staffed. I am going there today to take care a couple of issues.
So which one did you snatched up? I bet I saw your car while I was there. Do you mind telling me what percentage off you got?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let me guess. S Q4 with Premium package and premium sound? If so, I considered getting it. But I decided to go with my 1st color choice instead.
Yup -- exactly. It was a compromise on the features vs. the price. I'll PM you the numbers -- probably a better idea :).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's where I got mine. They have pretty good pricing, but they definitely need to improve their facility. Their sales and service is still questionable at this time since they are under staffed. I am going there today to take care a couple of issues.
So which one did you snatched up? I bet I saw your car while I was there. Do you mind telling me what percentage off you got?
I also need to take it in for a bunch of issues (subwoofer, hardshift 2->1, etc.) -- so will see how they handle the service side of things. Have you taken it in previous? If so, how was the experience?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I also need to take it in for a bunch of issues (subwoofer, hardshift 2->1, etc.) -- so will see how they handle the service side of things. Have you taken it in previous? If so, how was the experience?
I have taken my car in 3 times already to fix the subwoofer issue and did the computer update. So far, their Maserati team (service, sales, tech, facility) is definitely not up to the par.
My first experience was not great. They only have 1 service advisor for the Maserati right now, who is also handling/helping their Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep department. Took him forever to return my calls. My sales pitched the Maserati loaners for services at the time of purchase. But they only have 2 -3 Maserati loaners. So you either have to wait till one is available or take an Enterprise rental, which I did the 2nd time. A Hyundai Santa Fe. When I serviced my Porsche 911s. I was usually given a Cayenne, but when they are not available. They gave me a Mercedes
I had to wait about 10 minutes each time before the advisor come up to help me. There is no service appointment remainder. There are a lot more things I could point out. I thought Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche dealers are much better. But I was promised all will change once the facility is built and more people are hired. Hopefully by November. I just hope they don't bring the Dodge/Jeep mentality over to the Maserati side. I don't want to sound snoody, but I think people expect higher quality service when paying for $80K+ cars compare to $20K cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have taken my car in 3 times already to fix the subwoofer issue and did the computer update. So far, their Maserati team (service, sales, tech, facility) is definitely not up to the par.
My first experience was not great. They only have 1 service advisor for the Maserati right now, who is also handling/helping their Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep department. Took him forever to return my calls. My sales pitched the Maserati loaners for services at the time of purchase. But they only have 2 -3 Maserati loaners. So you either have to wait till one is available or take an Enterprise rental, which I did the 2nd time. A Hyundai Santa Fe. When I serviced my Porsche 911s. I was usually given a Cayenne, but when they are not available. They gave me a Mercedes
I had to wait about 10 minutes each time before the advisor come up to help me. There is no service appointment remainder. There are a lot more things I could point out. I thought Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche dealers are much better. But I was promised all will change once the facility is built and more people are hired. Hopefully by November. I just hope they don't bring the Dodge/Jeep mentality over to the Maserati side. I don't want to sound snoody, but I think people expect higher quality service when paying for $80K+ cars compare to $20K cars.
Uh oh :) -- this doesn't sound very promising. I am hoping that things improve with the new facility (I was also pitched the November timeframe). I agree with you that the level of service expected is higher or else it'll quickly become a Maserati NA issue. Perception is important here - I did consider the dealership/service issue before buying the car and at the end decided it was worth the risk. Let's see how it goes -- I'll update the forums with my experience. If nothing else it'll help other buyers :).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts