Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Since I got my car I hear a rattle in the back right when driving over uneven streets.
I don't have a subwoofer installed (which has caused issues in other threads).
I already checked the battery cover, no luck.
I checked the plastic under the car, no luck.

Any guess what it might be?:confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was told that it was a loose wire in the rear door. They replaced the entire door handle and still rattles.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear the noise more in the back than the rear door..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check your headliner, especially behind the sunroof and towards the rear of the car. I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the trunk that turned out to be a loose headliner clip near the rear window.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
also check that your rear seats are fully locked in place. They fold down and if not completely locked in place could rattle.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a metallic sounding rattle coming from the left (I think) rear at 2000-2500 RPM's. I was pretty sure it was in the exhaust and I took it in to the dealer to look at. They told me that this particular rattle is a known issue and Maserati is currently working on a fix.

The dealer told me that the rattle has to do with the turbo injectors, specifically the waste gate dump (and possibly coming from the fuel pump).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a metallic sounding rattle coming from the left (I think) rear at 2000-2500 RPM's. I was pretty sure it was in the exhaust and I took it in to the dealer to look at. They told me that this particular rattle is a known issue and Maserati is currently working on a fix.

The dealer told me that the rattle has to do with the turbo injectors, specifically the waste gate dump (and possibly coming from the fuel pump).
Ever get this closed? I have a rattle as well - left side more up front - 2-2.5k rpm as well. Tiny but annoyingly consistent. Haven't brought it in to dealer yet - not that annoying.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it is a noise coming from the suspension not the exhaust.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ever get this closed? I have a rattle as well - left side more up front - 2-2.5k rpm as well. Tiny but annoyingly consistent. Haven't brought it in to dealer yet - not that annoying.
No, not yet - still waiting to hear back from the dealer. Hopefully soon. I'll definitely post after I'm able to get the fix.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check for loose subwoofer cable even if no sub installed

Mine had a loose wire in the enclosure that I felt from inside the trunk. Had been stuck down with a piece of tape that had come loose. The hard plastic connector will definitely rattle if comes in contact with the rear metal shelf it was stuck to.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Took my Ghibli back to the dealer and they fixed the rattle. The overall sound is much better now but still lacks the bass. Not good enough for so called premium sound system :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maserati made a fix for the rattle in the back. They had to fix some suspension stuff. The noise came up when driving on uneven streets (downtown).
Now it is much better.

·
Registered
186 Posts

I have the same rattling sound in the exactly same RPMs range (2000-2500) - today I took a little time to drive around surrounding towns (great fall weather BTW) and the fine, but evident rattling is evident in that RPM range, driving 35-40 mph, with any, even very gentle, acceleration. I comes from the underneath of the car - exhaust or could be something engine related since it comes with acceleration (definitely not suspension related). I am very curious when the fix is going to be available and if there will be a recall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the same rattling sound in the exactly same RPMs range (2000-2500) - today I took a little time to drive around surrounding towns (great fall weather BTW) and the fine, but evident rattling is evident in that RPM range, driving 35-40 mph, with any, even very gentle, acceleration. I comes from the underneath of the car - exhaust or could be something engine related since it comes with acceleration (definitely not suspension related). I am very curious when the fix is going to be available and if there will be a recall.
This is exactly was is bugging me since day 1 and the dealer could find the cause and told me it's normal Maserati... If anyone gets it fix please share the cause.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, I am sure this is related to the turbo / exhaust systems and is normal. This is what my dealer told me and might explain why your dealer said there was nothing out of the ordinary.
Best thing to do would be get the guy from the garage to sit in the car with you when you next go to the dealership, take him out so you can explain exactly what the issue is, hopefully, he can clarify the situation for you.
I actually quite like the noise now having gotten used to it :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a small kit maserati has designed to get rid of this noise. My dealer was able to get the part and installed yesterday. Going to pick the car today and hoping the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a small kit maserati has designed to get rid of this noise. My dealer was able to get the part and installed yesterday. Going to pick the car today and hoping the rattle is gone.
Could you share with us the part number as one of the other forum members already did? Just to make sure that we are talking about the same kit :). It will be helpful to show it to our dealers since not all of them could be aware of the problem.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts