Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive design Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Hello, I have a rattling noise coming from the seat belt pillar area. It happens whenever I go over any slight bump in the road and drives me nuts. Is there any way to fix this? I'm afraid of opening the compartment since an airbag is in there.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,752 Posts
Hello, I have a rattling noise coming from the seat belt pillar area. It happens whenever I go over any slight bump in the road and drives me nuts. Is there any way to fix this? I'm afraid of opening the compartment since an airbag is in there.

Thanks!
Out of curiosity, does it only rattle when not in use or extended?

·
Administrator
2,752 Posts
That answered that question.
Next question. Under the belt in your picture is a black plate. If you lightly press on that part does it make the sound you are hearing as a rattle?
I don't have a rattle, but if press on that plate I can make it contact the inter frame and make a tapping/rattle sound. Just trying to see where it might be and isolate what is is and is not. You might be able to also test with a folded paper wedge to see if that stops the rattle.
If not, as you also eluded it could be inside where the belt mechanism is connected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts