Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dealer fixed the subwoofer issue. the speaker sound has improved materially, but i still hear the rattle noise from somewhere in the back. the rattle noise has decreased slightly. anyone knows any other source of the rattle noise and what's the fix for that?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does the rattle sound like something is loose, something near the rear window shelf? Do you have a sun shade? I have something that sounds loose like that but haven't identified it yet; it comes and goes, but is more frequent now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no sun shade in my car. i hear the same rattle noise as i did before fixing the subwoofer issue. the noise level of the rattle went down a little. maybe my service guy couldn't fix the issue completely or is there any other source of rattle noise, such as rear brake light fixture?

·
Registered
114 Posts
no sun shade in my car. i hear the same rattle noise as i did before fixing the subwoofer issue. the noise level of the rattle went down a little. maybe my service guy couldn't fix the issue completely or is there any other source of rattle noise, such as rear brake light fixture?
If you are talking about a rattle when there is a reasonable amount of bass output from the subwoofer speaker on the rear deck, I think that it is either the rear deck or the plastic grill covering the speaker that is rattling. I, too, had the subwoofer "fix" and it materially improved bass response but did not get rid of the rattle so I think there is a second issue here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not talking about the rattle when playing loud bass music. Speaker sound has improved materially. no rattle when playing loud bass. when accellerating at around 2.2~2.5 rpm in sport mode, i hear annoying rattle noise from the back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oh, that. Yah, I have that too, it's a rattle/buzz sound coming from what sounds like the exhaust. Happens at lower speeds and more when cold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll bring my ghibli back to my service manager next Wed to eliminate this rattle noise. with the rattle noise in acceleration, I can't enjoy the beautiful exhaust sound. will post an update if he can fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll bring my ghibli back to my service manager next Wed to eliminate this rattle noise. with the rattle noise in acceleration, I can't enjoy the beautiful exhaust sound. will post an update if he can fix this.
Hi, I just got the ghibli and having the same issue.
when I accelerate in the beginning, I hear rattling sound and then goes away at higher RPM.
is this what your talking about?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the same issue and it was fixed today. The dealer said it was the shelf rubbing against the brake light and leather from the rear of the car. The dealer created its own fix by putting foam and felt to serve as insulation. Seems to have helped significantly. First time since I got the car that I have no rattles, noises either from the drivers door, dash, subwoofer or rear deck. Hopefully it will last.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I also have a horrible rattle at low speed, coming from the back. Car has been at the dealer for 2 days and they have located the problem (I hope). One of the "wires" in the passenger rear door was loose and rubbing against the outer shell. They insulated it and said that it went away. Upon verification with Maserati, they were told that it wasn't an acceptable fix and are requiring them to replace the entire door handle. Hopefully, I will have her back this afternoon!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any of you have that metallic rattle that occurs at about 2k-2.5k RPM that's fixed? It's the only rattle I have in my car. Would love to have it fixed.

·
Registered
480 Posts
For those of you that have had the subwoofer "fix" what exactly did the dealer do to fix the problem. Did they build an enclosure or just tighten some screws?

Mine is going in on Thursday for the new antenna and the subwoofer fix and I'd like to be educated as to the expected remedy so I don't get the "oh yeah we fixed it" line and it happens again down the road.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
695 Posts
They are repacking sub as best they can. An improvement but not a cure. Maser has to come up with a way to isolate from rear shelf that is actually making the noise, satelitte fix works.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had several rattling issues before and some now.

1. Subwoofer rattling. that was fixed. If you said it is not coming from heavy bass, then that's not it.

2. Rattling coming from the rear left door. It is a loose door lock pin. Dealer fixed it, but I think it is back again.

3. Rattling in the trunk. There are two plastic covers that cover the trunk arms. They rattled badly when going over bumps and uneven surface. Dealer padded it with Dynamat. It seemed to go away now.

4. There is rattling coming from the sunroof. dealer fixed that.

5. There is new rattling coming from the seat belt, near the buckle. Also near the other end where B pillar is. Will have to have the dealer check that out.

So these are all the rattling issues I have. maybe ask your dealer to check for them.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi, I own a Maserati and I would like to highlight some persistent issues I have been experiencing since purchasing it. The driver’s side door and sunroof rattles horribly and appears to be defective. Even after frequent visits to the service centre, the rattling sound continues. The car technician at the service centre re- lubricated it several times and assured me that it would be okay. But no improvement could be seen. Can anyone here help me with the issues? How do you get Maserati to provide refund for a defective vehicle?
Good Luck with that. Even if your car has major mechanical/engine defect. It is still hard.
Rattling issues....... Don't think you have a chance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a Maserati Recall for that rattle noise. They will provide a kit for the same as its coming from the wastegate flap when you accelerate on lower speed. Its a rattle noise like a brown paper bag kept on an open window while driving with windows down.

Ask your dealers and they will connect with Maserati NA

Deep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts