Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, could use a little bit of help. I had to change my rear control arms about I wanna say a year ago. Sure enough, they’re back to making noises when I go from a dead stop to accelerate or I go into reverse I hear a click. I talk to somebody at Maserati when I purchased the parts and they said that this is a common weak spot and wanted to see if anybody else had the same issues?

I am running a J before chip with 85, however I do not believe that is too much horsepower since I’m starting with a base. I am thinking of possibly trying to change them out myself but I don’t want this to be a reoccurring problem. I also noticed, that the front now is making a noise when backing up and turning hard into a parking space.

please let me know of any thoughts or if this is a common issue you’ve dealt with I would appreciate it. Also, I do have H & R springs on but I don’t think that would cause this issue but if you know I would greatly appreciate it.

Hopefully this app loaded video will show some insight on what I’m talking about. When I change this control arm it did stop it for about eight or nine months until it came back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course I just realize that the video is not playing so tomorrow won a jack up the car I’ll take some photos and add to it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the rear arm that was changed last time and it seem to fix the noise one going in reverse it sounds like it’s slams in and then going forward it does exact same thing but it’s fine until you change directions. I’m assuming it’s the control arm is this a common problem with any of yours? Do you think it has anything to do with the springs or is this just a weak point?

I figured the front noise must be the control arms since that’s a common issue that I have yet to have and it sounds the same as some of the issues some people of described.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts