Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear dome light stopped working however the front ones work.
Before taking it in to dealer is there anything I can do to fix it myself?

Fuse, or any setting options?

Also nothing happens when I press the buttons.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If any can help me figure out which fuse I need to take a look at I would appreciate it.
Looking at owners manual looks like I need to look at the fuse box in the trunk.
Cant figure out which fuse i should pull. :(

·
Registered
644 Posts
F24 is the fuse for ceiling lights, it also powers the ITM which is the intrusion transceiver module. i cannot speak as to any adverse effects pulling that fuse may have. i would imagine your alarm would not be working if that fuse was blown.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. Looking at owners manual for the alarm siren shows #14 Mini 7.5A

Im either narrowing it down to a blown fuse or the guys I took my car to vinyl wrap the roof they took off the shark fin antenna to wrap it. So either they took out the shark fin through the headliner or they tried to get to the shark fin through the dome light assembly and they forgot to reconnect it when they put it back together.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmm. Looking at owners manual for the alarm siren shows #14 Mini 7.5A

Im either narrowing it down to a blown fuse or the guys I took my car to vinyl wrap the roof they took off the shark fin antenna to wrap it. So either they took out the shark fin through the headliner or they tried to get to the shark fin through the dome light assembly and they forgot to reconnect it when they put it back together.
it's possible they didn't reconnect it. the antenna isn't reachable through the dome light opening. i believe the dome lamp drops down fairly simply, with a plastic pry.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's possible they didn't reconnect it. the antenna isn't reachable through the dome light opening. i believe the dome lamp drops down fairly simply, with a plastic pry.
The Antenna is reachable through the rear window headliner.

So i just picked up the car from service department.
Technician wrote " Upon arrival found rear dome light was not on or working when pressing buttons. Found power signal is getting to vehicle connector and dome lights. When removing dome light found connector dropped from light found connector is not fasten with locking tab causing dome light to not turn on"

So looks like the guys at the vinyl shop thought that they could have accessed the antenna by going through the rear dome assembly but then realized they couldn't so they forgot to reconnect the wires or idk oh well at least now it got fixed.

Also the preformed 2 recalls #327 for ETM software update - not sure what this is for
#326 Radio antenna cover

·
Registered
5 Posts
My rear dome light stopped working however the front ones work.
Before taking it in to dealer is there anything I can do to fix it myself?

Fuse, or any setting options?

Also nothing happens when I press the buttons.

Hello Ghibli drivers,:)

I just noticed as well that I have a bit of the same pb with the front dome console lights.:(
Nothing happens when I press any of the lights buttons. The main ligh only turns on when I open a door.
Does anybody know what could be the pb? the bulbs??

Thank you for your help:nerd:
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well nobody seems to know :-(

Worse now it does not even turn on when I open a door and there are no more lights in the door handles and on the feet :-((

Can anybody help? I am in the pitch black at night...

Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2017 SQ4 had an issue with the rear dome light not working at all. The front dome controls show the dome light button in orange. I brought the car to the dealer and they had to replace both front and rear dome lights to remediate the issue.

·
Registered
191 Posts

My 2017 SQ4 had an issue with the rear dome light not working at all. The front dome controls show the dome light button in orange. I brought the car to the dealer and they had to replace both front and rear dome lights to remediate the issue.
How did it cost?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well nobody seems to know :-(

Worse now it does not even turn on when I open a door and there are no more lights in the door handles and on the feet :-((

Can anybody help? I am in the pitch black at night...

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Hi Chris

Did you ever sort this? I have the same problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had this issue. Dealer just kept resetting it by disconnecting the battery. When it happened again, I just pulled the negative myself. Most of the time it lasted a while before it stopped working again. The last time I did it, the fix lasted 9 months and was still working when I traded it in a few weeks ago. If I kept complaining they would have replaced the unit, but it wasn't worth a trip to the dealer for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this issue. Dealer just kept resetting it by disconnecting the battery. When it happened again, I just pulled the negative myself. Most of the time it lasted a while before it stopped working again. The last time I did it, the fix lasted 9 months and was still working when I traded it in a few weeks ago. If I kept complaining they would have replaced the unit, but it wasn't worth a trip to the dealer for it.
Thanks for the advice Joe. I'm going to disconnect the battery as soon as day breaks. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for the advice Joe. I'm going to disconnect the battery as soon as day breaks. I'll keep you updated.
Just pull the negative. They make it easy, it has a quick release. 10-15 seconds should do it. Good luck.

Reactions: praj7
1 - 20 of 21 Posts