Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About half the time I try to remote start the car using the keyfob, it does not start. Once I get in the car, it says, "remote start disabled". I check to see if the windows are all rolled up, doors, locked, etc. Everything looks fine. This occurs about 40% of the time.

Does this happen with you? Am I doing anything wrong?

·
Registered
863 Posts
It only happens if any door or window or even the trunk is not closed properly. Have that issue once, but my trunk was not closed. as soon as i closed it it was working fine and good.

What month and year is your model.. ??

·
Registered
284 Posts
It only happens if any door or window or even the trunk is not closed properly. Have that issue once, but my trunk was not closed. as soon as i closed it it was working fine and good.

What month and year is your model.. ??
that being the case, it's good it does this since that really makes you question what could be wrong but i wish they went about it some other way to let you know something is open

·
Registered
106 Posts
Excuse my ignorance...am very new to my Ghibli.
Do I take it I can start the car from outside by using the key fob ??.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes you can do that its on the key fob on the lower right corner. you have to press it twice to start the car. O

Once inside you need to press the brakes and hit the ignition button.

Excuse my ignorance...am very new to my Ghibli.
Do I take it I can start the car from outside by using the key fob ??.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Go for and Aftermarket system and spend like it is for a £50K .. 0:)

Thanks flamingwicky for prompt reply.

Now how do I get the audio to sound like it belongs in a £50K car?.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A few words of caution when handling the strikingly gorgeous key fob. I was in my kitchen wanting to extract the emergency key from the fob, after having seen my sales guy do it days before. I'm gripping it all over trying to remember how it releases when all of a sudden I turn white and race to my garage...yes I had accidentally started the Ghibli while it sat in my closed garage attached to my house! Lesson learned!

·
Registered
140 Posts
FYI - if the car is started by remote with the keyfob it will automatically shut off after approximately five minutes, provided the start button is not pressed within that time.

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
About half the time I try to remote start the car using the keyfob, it does not start. Once I get in the car, it says, "remote start disabled". I check to see if the windows are all rolled up, doors, locked, etc. Everything looks fine. This occurs about 40% of the time.

Does this happen with you? Am I doing anything wrong?
I have the same even when the windows, doors and trunk are closed.

For me it also happens if the alarm/interior motion sensors have gone off. I have very sensitive motion sensors inside the car. If I don't disable when locking the car, any vibration or adjacent car door slamming will set off the alarm. If I'm not there it will stop after a minute and the car will show "remote start disabled".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do we have the same fob ... mine shows headlamp control on bottom right ?
Have pressed twice & just have lights turned on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do we have the same fob ... mine shows headlamp control on bottom right ?
Have pressed twice & just have lights turned on.

Believe remote start is an optional feature and part of some package, at least in the US. you may not have that option

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the same even when the windows, doors and trunk are closed.

For me it also happens if the alarm/interior motion sensors have gone off. I have very sensitive motion sensors inside the car. If I don't disable when locking the car, any vibration or adjacent car door slamming will set off the alarm. If I'm not there it will stop after a minute and the car will show "remote start disabled".
I thought that some might have this similar issue. It sounds like a software update is needed or something.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Believe remote start is an optional feature and part of some package, at least in the US. you may not have that option
Yes, remote start comes with the premium package, I think. If you don't have the package, you'll have the panic button on your keyfob. I wonder if there's a way for those who have remote start, to set off the panic button. I've wanted to several times when people are looking at my car and touching it!!

Right now, I just remote start it, but the panic would be really nice. It's very loud :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't know what the European key-fob looks like but the USA version applicable to the SQ4 with remote start is attached:

the button on the lower right with the 2x and circular arrow is the remote start button. Press it 2x in quick succession and the car horn honks 2x and the car starts. In the summer, if the AC is set, then it will go on to cool the car until you get in, in winter same for heated seats and heat in car. (Heated seats must be check in the MTC settings)

On the back directly under the Maserati logo is a rectangular button, press that button and pull the key out the bottom to remove it from the fob.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got the "remote start disabled" once when my low fuel indicator light was on. I figured that was the reason. Otherwise, no issues with it other than being disappointed with the range.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts