Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello There !

I love the look of the Nerissimo edition , and wanted to get the chrome front Trim of my Sq4 Ribelle painted to Black. Is that something possible ? Do you know how to remove the chrome trim ?

Here is a quick Photoshop test I did:

Thanks!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Use imgur.com for image hosting.

The easiest and most common way to do that is to wrap it. Any decent wrapping or window tinting shop can do that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use imgur.com for image hosting.

The easiest and most common way to do that is to wrap it. Any decent wrapping or window tinting shop can do that.
OK, I bought a Carbon Vinyle but its too rigid and won’t fold in the corners. I should try what you ask, but we have extremely cold winters here and I am not sure a tint film would stand the temperatures we have here...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Carbon is tacky unless is the real thing, and even then there are limited use scenarios when it looks good. There is special vinyl for blacking out chrome, and it does take super low temperatures well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carbon is tacky unless is the real thing, and even then there are limited use scenarios when it looks good. There is special vinyl for blacking out chrome, and it does take super low temperatures well.
any infos on the product would be amazing ;)

thanks

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
297 Posts
I plasti-dipped the chrome trim on the grill on my 15 sq4 to a gloss black. Looks great! I don't remember what that would have cost by itself since I had the wheels dipped black and other chrome/door handles wrapped too, but I don't think it would be more than $100 for just that, tops. Easily the cheapest option to black out your grill. I did it 3 years ago and it's held up perfectly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plasti-dipped the chrome trim on the grill on my 15 sq4 to a gloss black. Looks great! I don't remember what that would have cost by itself since I had the wheels dipped black and other chrome/door handles wrapped too, but I don't think it would be more than $100 for just that, tops. Easily the cheapest option to black out your grill. I did it 3 years ago and it's held up perfectly.
Thanks! what kind of plasti dipping product did you use ? a black spray ?

·
Registered
651 Posts
My advice is to go ask a shop and let them do it - they will have everything needed. If you have to ask so many questions, I'm sure you won't be able to do it by yourself.
Also, plastidip will give a matte finish. Wrap can be glossy, satin or matte.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My advice is to go ask a shop and let them do it - they will have everything needed. If you have to ask so many questions, I'm sure you won't be able to do it by yourself.
Also, plastidip will give a matte finish. Wrap can be glossy, satin or matte.
LOL indeed never planned to DIY, but now I need to find the right shop, don't want to have a Failed Front trim on a MAS.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I can't really say since I didn't apply it myself. I used a local company (WrapForm) and there's some additional info on their site regarding their plasti-dip process.

Hope that helps

ps you can in fact get plasti-dip in a black gloss, it's not restricted to matte colors

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just spoke With My Local Maserati Dealer, he says a Chrome delete on my Car would cost 3,500$ . is this serious ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Click here.

It shouldn't cost more than a couple hundreds for all the chrome trim on your car and it's maximum a 2h job.
THANKS

I knew it ;) already talked with local shops, but I just find ridiculous my dealer sends me these pharaonic Quotes, maybe they just don't want to wrap their cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Oops apparently Dropbox links don’t work
There is a trick to get them to work. At the end of the link you will see "dl=0"
Change that to "raw=1"

BTW I have a MY 2017 black SQ4. I prefer the chrome accents, but everyone has their own preferences.

Reactions: Asthenis

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a trick to get them to work. At the end of the link you will see "dl=0"
Change that to "raw=1"

BTW I have a MY 2017 black SQ4. I prefer the chrome accents, but everyone has their own preferences.
Thanks ! Got the images working :)

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
324 Posts
Best bet is to wrap them with vinyl or perhaps plastidip (although we haven't done that). It's a bit of work but the wrap certainly seems to hold up well and you can always go back to stock when you sell the car if the new owner prefers!

Best Regards,

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am Getting my chrome Black out with glossy wrap, and a clear wrap protection for the complete front and back of my car. total cost really affordable 3k$ :)
I deal with Top Wrap montreal, very good guys !

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm almost certain it was a spray but I didn't apply it myself. It held up well over 3 years too, no peeling or noticable discoloration at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts