Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I'm having trouble removing my inner tail light from my 2014 Ghibli. Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts

By 'inner tail light' are you referring to this? If so, remove two bolts pictured (under plastic cover). Then a foot or so inside on the trunk liner is a rectangular cover you can remove. Reaching inside the cavity there is a plastic shaft that is threaded and holds the forward section of the tail light. It unscrews by hand and the light assembly will come loose; held only by the harness wire at that point.

·
Registered
644 Posts
inner, being the trunk mounted light likely.
there is a plastic pinch clamp on the outside, and then a stud and flange on the inside of the trunk panel. take down the carpeting and you'll see it all infront of you. i think its a t25 on the outside and 10mm on the inside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is a plastic pinch clamp on the outside, and then a stud and flange on the inside of the trunk panel. take down the carpeting and you'll see it all infront of you. i think its a t25 on the outside and 10mm on the inside.
Thanks for the support. Yes the trunk mounted light was the problem. I was able to replace the light thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love this group for the help and support found when needed....
Today a friend of mine told my that my LED light ( the one on the trunk ) is not working, he saw it while I was driving away, so I was able to open the carpet cover, but only to reveal the regular light bulb in the middle... I think this will go on when applying brakes... but I could not figure out a way to find the LED that is part of the tail running light, the one that looks kinda round...
Any help guys?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love this group for the help and support found when needed....
Today a friend of mine told my that my LED light ( the one on the trunk ) is not working, he saw it while I was driving away, so I was able to open the carpet cover, but only to reveal the regular light bulb in the middle... I think this will go on when applying brakes... but I could not figure out a way to find the LED that is part of the tail running light, the one that looks kinda round...
Any help guys?
Thanks.

I'm having this same issue now. Did you find a fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The LED ring on the trunk lid light will not come on. Just trying to figure out if anybody else has had this problem... And if the whole light just needs to be replaced or if there's an easy DIY fix. Obviously Maserati service department was no help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The LED ring on the trunk lid light will not come on. Just trying to figure out if anybody else has had this problem... And if the whole light just needs to be replaced or if there's an easy DIY fix. Obviously Maserati service department was no help.
You can turn to the service station. There you will be able to check the system of electricians.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you please elaborate on this? I’m currently trying to remove the third brake light from above the trunk. Where is this pinch clamp and stud located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the support. Yes the trunk mounted light was the problem. I was able to replace the light thanks for the help.
how were you able to gain access to the light? Was it through the trunk or through the folding of the rear seats?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts