Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is an issue for a nonMaserati detailer to remove the wheels to detail the vehicle?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Should not be an issue. Just make sure they use proper care when working with the wheels.

I've had wheel shops use the wrong lug wrench and resulting in scratching up the bolt holes.

I was shocked.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Not a problem if they know what they are doing. My detailer removed the wheels to detail the calipers and ceramic coat the rims.

I'm expecting you trust this detailer to prep and detail the car ... so they should have enough experience on the wheels. The only minor risk is usually when you take off the rims, and reinstall, you re-torque lug nuts after 25 miles or so of driving.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I do want to add too, that I should have told my Maserati dealer to not wash my car the two times it's been there for service.

I now have swirl marks because of their well intentioned washing.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
I do want to add too, that I should have told my Maserati dealer to not wash my car the two times it's been there for service.

I now have swirl marks because of their well intentioned washing.
To your point, I always decline the free "well intentioned" car wash for swirls and waterspots. Even at home, I go as far as using a soap canon and car blow dryer to reduce the possibility of swirls or scratches. I'm also hoping the GTechniq applied coating helps reduce possibility of swirls.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The worst is the last time, I was on the phone with the service guy and he said "it's done, and is about to be washed".

I was just about to say "no, don't wash it", but I figured this same shop services Ferrari and Lambo, they should do a pretty good job of not messing up the paint.

Oh well. It's still pretty good, just not as perfect as the day I had opti-coat applied to it.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Fortunately swirls should only be in the opti-coat layer which should be able to be addressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts