Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it`s possible to replace Bi-Xenon AFS headlights for Full Led ones (OEM)?

Does anyone have an expirience of this procedure or may be some diificulties or problems with it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
No, it is not possible.

Or rather it doesn't make financial sense. For 2018+ models it might be possible, but for older ones you need to replace pretty much all the electronics in the car.

·
Registered
644 Posts
as toshy said.

on the 18+ where it is an option, it may be possible but expensive and would be dependent on whether italy can produce a new body configuration file for the dealership to make the system work on a car that doesn't have it from the factory. it'll likely be more than just swapping the headlight assemblies.
it works that way for changing wheel/tire size and adding paddle shifters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have installed headlights from xenon Afs in the led matrix in ghibli 2016 high beams do not work. can anyone help me specifically how can i fix it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can try to to contact these Chinese guys:

I was looking at them for some new LED conversion for Merceeds a while ago but recently noticed they are doing Matrix LED conversions for Maseratis as well (Ghibli, Levante, Quattroporte). They should be able to send you the extra electronics needed to get this going, I just hope it's not prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can try to to contact these Chinese guys:

I was looking at them for some new LED conversion for Merceeds a while ago but recently noticed they are doing Matrix LED conversions for Maseratis as well (Ghibli, Levante, Quattroporte). They should be able to send you the extra electronics needed to get this going, I just hope it's not prohibitively expensive.
Yup, check this out:

I already added this guy on WeChat (since I speak Chinese) and I'll be asking him for a quote. Maybe we can do a group buy if there's enough interest?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have fixed them but out of curiosity I become part of a purchase a group. I have fixed them to work only high beams, not multi beam

·
Registered
157 Posts
OK so I spoke to the Chinese vendor. Apparently he specializes in retrofitting LED headlights for a lot of brands including Audi and Mercedes. Basically he buys the new LED headlights from factory and then modifies it so that they're plug-and-play for the older models.

I asked him for a quote for LED headlights for Ghibli and he quoted 23000CNY, which is about 3300USD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have fixed them but out of curiosity I become part of a purchase a group. I have fixed them to work only high beams, not multi beam
Hi, can you help me please, i have fixed led headlamps, it works only low beam, how have you solved with high beam?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you please help me do the same?
Can you please show or explain how exactly to change the wires?

·
Registered
10 Posts
matrix lights work individually you have to connect them all together, the car plug has one more wire for the high beam, unfortunately I do not have a picture. you need a master to connect the led lights so that you do not burn them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your answer
Yes, i make the same, but the light is flashing, something like the voltage is jumping, like there is need some amflifiers or something like this, i was looking for another way to conect them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.I've done exactly as you said, but something is going wrong...can you assist me with some photos or videos? I will be very thankful.thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
matrix lights work individually you have to connect them all together, the car plug has one more wire for the high beam, unfortunately I do not have a picture. you need a master to connect the led lights so that you do not burn them
Hi.I've done exactly as you said, but something is going wrong...can you assist me with some photos or videos? I will be very thankful.thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
it is impossible to do it yourself need someone who understands the connections of led lights because they do not work with 12 Volts ,risks burning the lights. I don’t have photos or videos

1 - 20 of 23 Posts