Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I am installing a Novitec on my SQ4 MY 2017, I know this Tuning shouldn't affect Warranty as the dealer used to accept this brand.

I don't plan to sell now my ghibli as I still have 1 1/2 year warranty, but from your experience, is a tuned car more difficult to sell than a model with stock engine ? does this affect the resale price ? should I remove the tune when planning to sell the car ?

thanks!

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
291 Posts
Personally I wouldn't want to buy a used car (especially if it's near or out of warranty) that's previously been tuned. That's just me. I don't think you're going to get any more for the car with the tune but instead might scare off some buyers. I'd remove it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I wouldn't want to buy a used car (especially if it's near or out of warranty) that's previously been tuned. That's just me. I don't think you're going to get any more for the car with the tune but instead might scare off some buyers. I'd remove it.
ok thanks good to know

·
Registered
407 Posts
I also wouldn't want to buy a used car with a tune as it easily could be viewed as someone who beats on the car and pushes it beyond factory spec. Doesn't mean I am against tunes, I would just rather do it myself to a virgin car where I know how I will drive it post tune. In general, I think modding decreases the value. You surely aren't going to get more because it's tuned IMO unless you find some naive kid who thinks it's special.

·
Registered
614 Posts
naive runs the market.
modifications essentially lower the value of the car by the cost of the missing part. the market doesn't treat it as such obviously, but for all intents and purposes, your car is minus an ECU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts