Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had an OBDSTAR X200 Pro which worked perfectly on my 2015 Ghibli, however it doesnt work on my 2019 Ghibli Grandsport. I emailed the vendor and they informed me even with an update it will not clear the wrench. Has anyone successfully reset the Wrench on the 2019 and up Ghibli's yet? Oil change by me is $500 which is highway robbery.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There are tools out there for $150-$200, but given yours is a 2019 and still under warranty, I would't mess with compromising the warranty. Trust me, you have an engine problem and tell them you are DIY'ing the oil changes and they will give you nothing but push back honoring something serious. Not worth it. My dealer charges $400 bucks for an oil change, yup, expensive for $100 for the oil and filter, but I'll gladly write that check once a year.

·
Registered
392 Posts
4-500$ is cheap for a service in France you're close to 1000€!!!!!
I used my Lauch 431 to clear the wrench on my 2017 as it is out of warranty.
But as Joe said not worth doing yourself under warranty.
My 2cents worth...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not trying to be a downer, I have just read so many stories here and also got a lecture from my Maserati Service Manager that "if" I had someone else do maintenance work, that I better send him the records for them to put in the system and to bless, and this would be from an experienced third party shop. I would never DIY is myself and take a chance. Just not worth saving $100-$200 a year. They can blame oil on SO MANY things, why give them a reason.

·
Super Moderator
2,055 Posts
Although, many initially thought was a waste of money, I found the 4 year maintenance package a "value" compared to the out of pocket annual maintenance cost charged by most dealers. Between the warranty and maintenance the car was properly serviced and documented should anything go wrong. In US, (some states) the original factory warranty covers major drive train components in year 7 ... but that is totally dependent on proper maintenance and MNA approval.
I've now paid out of packet at Maserati dealer for year 5 and 6 ... $600 for year 5 and $850 for year 6. I do the easy stuff like engine and cabin filters, spark plugs and etc as they are cheap install myself (and low risk).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Although, many initially thought was a waste of money, I found the 4 year maintenance package a "value" compared to the out of pocket annual maintenance cost charged by most dealers. Between the warranty and maintenance the car was properly serviced and documented should anything go wrong. In US, (some states) the original factory warranty covers major drive train components in year 7 ... but that is totally dependent on proper maintenance and MNA approval.
I've now paid out of packet at Maserati dealer for year 5 and 6 ... $600 for year 5 and $850 for year 6. I do the easy stuff like engine and cabin filters, spark plugs and etc as they are cheap install myself (and low risk).
I think the 4 year maintenance package is a great deal, unfortunately, I think you have to buy it in the first year or the first 12,000 miles. My dealer wouldn't sell it to me on my CPO.

·
Super Moderator
2,055 Posts
I think the 4 year maintenance package is a great deal, unfortunately, I think you have to buy it in the first year or the first 12,000 miles. My dealer wouldn't sell it to me on my CPO.
That's correct. I bought mine day one. I figured the OP had a 2019 and likely within the limits to add if desired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hold on.... You guys don't get a free service package when you buy new?

My 2019 came with 5 years free service and 5 year warranty...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hold on.... You guys don't get a free service package when you buy new?

My 2019 came with 5 years free service and 5 year warranty...
Not in the US of A!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trust me, it’s built into your purchase price which I’m sure is more than ours. Nothing is free.
I'm from the UK but living in the UAE and I've never known a new car to come without servicing packages in all fairness here in the UAE it's normally a 3 year servicing package I was lucky to get a good deal with 5 years due to a holiday sale

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm from the UK but living in the UAE and I've never known a new car to come without servicing packages in all fairness here in the UAE it's normally a 3 year servicing package I was lucky to get a good deal with 5 years due to a holiday sale
Here it is the opposite. Very few manufacturers include maintenance. BMW did for a while, not anymore, but it was definitely built into the price.You can buy maintenance or extended maintenance though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Back to the OP's question and reported issue. So our OBDSTAR X200 Pro models won't work on a '19+ Ghibli?? That blows.

Has anyone else tried to do a maintenance reset on a '19?

I have a '14 SQ4 that I still love, but I find myself falling into the mod trap to keep it fresh and the '19+ model GranSports are **** tempting.

·
Registered
564 Posts
starting in 19, maserati put in a gateway module that won't let non factory scan tools do anything except pull codes. i think they locked out clearing codes as well. there may be some exceptions to this, but not that i know of.
i have to input my username and password each time i want to clear codes, reset service, or do any parameter observation/recording. pulling codes is all that happens without logging in.
i was always wondering when this day would come.
remember, 18+ v6's are 10w60 as well. an error made by a guy here on the forum a few weeks ago and is gonna end up costing him a motor after 12k miles.

·
Registered
229 Posts
starting in 19, maserati put in a gateway module that won't let non factory scan tools do anything except pull codes. i think they locked out clearing codes as well. there may be some exceptions to this, but not that i know of.
i have to input my username and password each time i want to clear codes, reset service, or do any parameter observation/recording. pulling codes is all that happens without logging in.
i was always wondering when this day would come.
remember, 18+ v6's are 10w60 as well. an error made by a guy here on the forum a few weeks ago and is gonna end up costing him a motor after 12k miles.
I must of missed that thread, guessing he put in 5W40 in an 18+ and something like that blew the motor? Woah.

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah, came here looking for help on verifying TO maserati that 5w40 is the spec oil after his engine replacement was denied under warranty. he provided receipts of service for 5w40 oil changes. no-go. 10w60 shell for 18+ v6's. i don't think he chimed in again.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yeah, came here looking for help on verifying TO maserati that 5w40 is the spec oil after his engine replacement was denied under warranty. he provided receipts of service for 5w40 oil changes. no-go. 10w60 shell for 18+ v6's. i don't think he chimed in again.
Interesting, wonder if the blown engine was related to the 5W40? That seems like a stretch but definitely something the dealer will void the warranty over.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts