Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
OBDSTAR X200 from obdstartool.com
1.Oil Reset/Engine oil light reset
2.Tire pressure warning light reset (manual operation)
3.Timing belt light reset (manual operation)
4.OBD-II engine diagnosis
5.EPB Electronic Brake changes brake pad
6.Throttle matching (for GM,for Honda,for Nissan, for Acura)
7.Support the latest vehicles with CAN BUS and UDS

·
Registered
322 Posts
OBDSTAR X200 from obdstartool.com
1.Oil Reset/Engine oil light reset
2.Tire pressure warning light reset (manual operation)
3.Timing belt light reset (manual operation)
4.OBD-II engine diagnosis
5.EPB Electronic Brake changes brake pad
6.Throttle matching (for GM,for Honda,for Nissan, for Acura)
7.Support the latest vehicles with CAN BUS and UDS
What year models does this work on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been looking for a OBD tool that would do this, and many make the claim but most fail to do it. Autel makes the claim, but it doesn't work.

But I can confirm my new Obdstar X-200 just reset the Oil Service Reminder. www.obdstar.com available on XTOOL Brand SHOP

The X-200 runs from US$179-US$209, with free shipping via DHL from Schenzhen (across the border from Hong Kong). I bought the EBP (electronic Parking Brake version), but the EPB isn't functional on the Ghibli at this time. But the Oil Reset and OBD both work.

From what I can find, the only other software or tool that will do this is the Leonardo (multi car version is US$30K, single car version US$5k), the TEXA for US$5k, or AutoEnginuity for US$2.8k (with all the necessary parts).

This was a huge hurdle, and I'm thrilled. I paid for the first year service. The dealer I leased from in Palm Beach wanted US$1,000 for the service and I cursed at the service manager when he told me. New dealer Rick Case was cheapest in SE Florida at US$750, and I wound up driving to Tampa for US$400. Either way, it's a gangsta rip off, and I don't want to play with these fools any more.

Hope this helps, fellas.

Cheers.

Hello,the xtool and obstar is two different company.And this released different products,maybe you have made comfuse on their product.
OBDSTAR Product:OBDSTAR X300 DP,OBDSTAR X300 Pro,OBDSTAR X300M...
XTOOL Product:Xtool X100 PAD/PAD2,XTOOL EZ300/EZ400/EZ500....
Here I share a website about obdstar website,it sales original obdstar products,and the price is best!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time posting here, but wanted to offer my experience in case it helps others.

I own a 2014 Ghibli S Q4 and have also used independent shops for oil changes, Seattle area. The last oil change was $244 half a year ago, which is less than half of the dealer price. They used Motul, 5-w40, synthetic, API certified. However, I recently had an issue with the engine. First problem since I've owned the car. It had a misfire, engine stalled, and I needed to tow it in to have it looked at.

Dealership did not like the fact that this car had been serviced outside of the dealer. I produced all paperwork and verified that no service has been missed or stretched, but it took a few days to get the paperwork from previous owner, which they assumed was neglected. In fact, it wasn't missed and I later showed proof. But because it wasn't done in their shop, the light wasn't reset, and they were instantly suspicious.

In the meantime, they covererd the diagnostics and did some work on the car (removing VVT solenoid actuators, cleaning any debris) and test drive for 30 miles with no issues. But, on paper, my warranty is now VOID for any future work related to this issue. To say the least, this doesn't work for me and I let the dealer know. I'm now fighting for a reversal on this with a customer care contact as I have the better part of a year remaining with factory warrantee.

But huge headache. So just beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm pretty sure I know the difference between the xtoolshop and the OBDStar tool. But not everyone might, so thanks.

Also, from the US Federal Trade Commision website:

An independent mechanic, a retail chain shop, or even you yourself can do routine maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. In fact, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is enforced by the FTC, makes it illegal for manufacturers or dealers to claim that your warranty is void or to deny coverage under your warranty simply because someone other than the dealer did the work. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select repair facilities if the repair services are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty.

That said, there may be certain situations where a repair may not be covered. For example, if you or your mechanic replaced a belt improperly and your engine is damaged as a result, your manufacturer or dealer may deny responsibility for fixing the engine under the warranty. However, according to the FTC, the manufacturer or dealer must be able to demonstrate that it was the improper belt replacement — rather than some other defect — that caused the damage to your engine. The warranty would still be in effect for other parts of your car.

Cheers.
Jake

·
Registered
4 Posts
as i know the newest obdstar product is OBDSTAR X300 DP Plus and the xtool is xtool x100 pad2
obdstar x300 dp pad2 is update version of x300 dp pad(add ecu clone,p001 module...)
xtool x100 pad2 is update version of x100 pad (add vw 4th and 5th immo)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reset the Oil Service Reminder (wrench icon) on the dash

I can confirm my new Obdstar X-200 just reset the Oil Service Reminder (wrench icon) on the dash of my 2016 Ghibli SQ4..

Located in Northern Jersey..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got the X-200. Two questions: what “key” position do you reset on - off, accessories or engine on? Did you do the download update before using the X-200 for the first time or will it reset the oil service right out of the new box? Thanks Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just got the X-200. Two questions: what “key” position do you reset on - off, accessories or engine on? Did you do the download update before using the X-200 for the first time or will it reset the oil service right out of the new box? Thanks Steve
I did mine right out of the box while the car was "Off". Just go plug it in and the rest is self explanatory.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I know this thread is old. But, if you stumble upon it, there is a much less expensive alternative to the Obdstar x-200. I just purchased the Autel MaxiAP200 from Amazon for about $60. I have an iPhone X. Once I downloaded the core app, and the Maserati module, and Euro scan module (all free with no expiration), I successfully reset the oil change indicator light. I also ran full diagnostics. It ran 28 separate systems diagnoses. It even came up with a fault on a humidity sensor in the hvac system. Not too worried about it, the car wasn't running, and I haven't experienced any issues. It also handles SRS, ABS, and many other systems. The only rub is that for each additional vehicle you want to manage, you have to pay around $22 for its specific module. I'm kind of curious if my Maserati module is just tied to my car or if I can use it for any Maserati... If you're in the DC area and need your oil service light reset, let me know and we'll find out :)

·
Administrator
2,515 Posts
I know this thread is old. But, if you stumble upon it, there is a much less expensive alternative to the Obdstar x-200. I just purchased the Autel MaxiAP200 from Amazon for about $60. I have an iPhone X. Once I downloaded the core app, and the Maserati module, and Euro scan module (all free with no expiration), I successfully reset the oil change indicator light. I also ran full diagnostics. It ran 28 separate systems diagnoses. It even came up with a fault on a humidity sensor in the hvac system. Not too worried about it, the car wasn't running, and I haven't experienced any issues. It also handles SRS, ABS, and many other systems. The only rub is that for each additional vehicle you want to manage, you have to pay around $22 for its specific module. I'm kind of curious if my Maserati module is just tied to my car or if I can use it for any Maserati... If you're in the DC area and need your oil service light reset, let me know and we'll find out :)
Thanks for sharing ... I'll have to read up on the unit. Usually, it is brand specific, so once you buy the program it's good for that platform. If you had to provide your VIN, it might be more specific, but maybe you'll find out soon. There are folks from this forum in DC area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I completely understand the desire to perform your own maintenance, I really do. I have several classic and modern cars that I do minor maintenance items on (light bulbs, winter storage prep, etc). But I just don't get the mindset with this. If you own a 90k+ Italian automobile - what is 1000k per year in maintenance?!?! It's less percentage wise than any Ferrari (400k requiring ~5k annual service). Why go to all this trouble to save a few hundred dollars on a nearly six figure car ? I don't know my own grass or maintain my own pool to save a few hundred dollars. Why would you do the same for a car that more than likely will be affected at trade in by the "do it yourself er" ? I guess the oil light issue and the insistence on saving a few dollars is just foreign to me - pun intended :).
Reply in Dec 2020. I know I am replying to a post from 2016, but even if OP doesn't read my reply, perhaps other new Ghibli owners might.
DUDE! Congratulations on owning a bunch of high-end vehicles! But I have ONE car. I bought my 2017 Ghibli SQ4 as its second owner. Prior to that, I owned a boring 2018 Jaguar xe diesel. I do have a 2016 RAM as a second vehicle, but still!
I bought the Ghibli because the price was ridiculously low and at 58, I'm not interested in an econo-box. I f'ing hate my job and will be working it until I'm 67. My car is the one bright spot of high powered joy in my life. And yes, like other commenters, I am not going to pay more than I have to for basic service and repair. Why should I?
And honestly, why should you? Money is important.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts