Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
As far as a I know, the Maserati dealership mechanic has to login to do the maintenance reset. Anyone without login credentials can't do the reset.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As far as a I know, the Maserati dealership mechanic has to login to do the maintenance reset. Anyone without login credentials can't do the reset.
Thanks, I was afraid of that!
Thanks, I was afraid of that!
NO, NO, NO.. he is wrong . I took my car to be chipped yesterday. At the end the guy did a diagnostic I asked if he could reset my spanner, ( service reminder )Had it done before I coukd say, thank you.
I tried two scanners OBD 2 & FOXWEL, NT530. told by both sellers it would do the reset. Total nobsence. I also bought from China ( thought I was buying from UK ) Sent OBD back never seen again £150 down the drain, plus £20 postage. Still in dispute with Foxwell seller. NEVER BUY DIRECT FROM CHINA. Lying *******.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you're saying an Indy can do it , so can we?
Btw. What chip did you have installed ? Race chip?
I too bought from a UK source only to get a China product!

·
Registered
66 Posts
.com
So you're saying an Indy can do it , so can we?
Btw. What chip did you have installed ? Race chip?
I too bought from a UK source only to get a China product!
Sorry I don't know what an Indy is. His scanner was one of the square tablet looking kind they are expensive, and as the chap said too expensive if you just want to reset an oil light. Annual updates are £400 he said. As an installer for the chip he needs to check all the systems are working correctly after chip instilation. I assure you it only took seconds during the check scan. I can get the name if you want it.
My new chip was from Bluespark Automotive. Not as expensive as Race chip. The cabling looks Identical, the chip box is not do fancy. They are on the internet. www.bluesparkautomotive.com The premises are very professional and the workshops clean and tidy. They have their own rolling road, so while not as big a company as Race Chip. The seem sound to me. Very helpful, fittingntge chip is free although now that I have seen it done it's simple enough. One of the guys on here Fred, he has his own scanner that does maserati resets. Again not cheap I understand. He is in France if interested I can get more details. Cheers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2017 SQ4 and was able to reset the wrench light with this tool: Autel MaxiAP AP200
(Amazon.com: Autel MaxiAP AP200 Obd2 Scanner Bluetooth Auto OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool for ios & Android, Full System Car Check Engine Light Code Reader with 25 Service Functions: Automotive)

I think I found out about the tool on this forum and figure I'd return it if it didn't work. Btw, when you choose the car model the app only goes up to 2016, but I can confirm it worked with my 2017.

Btw, for Maseratis, only the oil reset function is active in the app:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2017 SQ4 and was able to reset the wrench light with this tool: Autel MaxiAP AP200
(Amazon.com: Autel MaxiAP AP200 Obd2 Scanner Bluetooth Auto OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool for ios & Android, Full System Car Check Engine Light Code Reader with 25 Service Functions: Automotive)

I think I found out about the tool on this forum and figure I'd return it if it didn't work. Btw, when you choose the car model the app only goes up to 2016, but I can confirm it worked with my 2017.

Btw, for Maseratis, only the oil reset function is active in the app:
View attachment 21626
Unfortunately it doesn't work on 2019 models and up 😏

1 - 10 of 10 Posts