Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall quite consistent comment from the other reviews. Germans produce perfect cars but the ghibli is about emotional feelings....

Though it is in English, quite hilarious to read the captions. I had a good laugh.... You need to switch it on to read the captions.

And the reviewer timed it well with the Merkel's picture at the background when he said the car puts a smile on your face.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Another good find!

Interesting to hear a German perspective on an Italian car - especially the superior quality of the leather and design elements.

I would imagine, in future iterations/production runs of the Ghibli, Maserati will introduce some kind of dampening/spring-resistance for the trunk release etc.

Overall another very positive review by someone who 'gets' the car.

DD

BTW: I could not resist looking it up....."auto gefuhl" from German translates to 'car feeling' in English.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Overall a good review from the German perspective. :)

The reviewer points out the similarities between the MTC and the UConnect, but he doesn't complain about the Chrysler parts bin issues because they work fast and are responsive as he demonstrates in the video. As for me, I have posted before, I am glad the MTC is my familiar Garmin system. My friend has a Cadillac and he refuses to use the Magellan NAV system in it because it's less intuitive. He relies on his Iphone for navigation.

Interestingly enough, my rear trunk DOES NOT open like the video.
It is dampened, and has a resistance to the trunk when it opens up. Mine slows down when fully opened and does not "bounce".
Mine is a 4/14 build date.
Anybody else's open like this?
Did Maserati redesign the trunk opening in later production runs? Or is this trunk "bounce" a diesel or European model issue? :confused:

Steve

·
Registered
278 Posts
After watching this review i'm very happy i've chosen for the petrol version, the diesel really sounds bad comparing to the petrol. (comparing to other cars the diesel sounds good >:D exept porsche & ferrari)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts